Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Velcro or metal snaps?

Velcro or metal snaps?

If there was one thing I wish Mego would change about their new figures it would be getting rid of Velcro closures and going back to metal snaps. Pretty much every figure I've purchased so far has at least one snag or pull in the fabric because of the Velcro, plus it doesn't hold up over time.

Which do you prefer?

Images
    I prefer the snaps too. I'm guessing the change is probably for safety reasons.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Metal snaps are by far better.its more likely a cost cutting thing.

I prefer metal snaps as well. I think they look better , make the clothes fit better on the figure too. As a forward thinker, I think snaps hold up better than velcro from a collectors point of view and will endure through the coming years much better than velcro. Just look at the 45 year old loose Mego figures from 1974 that are still holding up well as long as they are taken care of . I don't see the Velcro doing that well 45 years from now.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Snaps, absolutely.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Snaps all the way but I assume Velcro is more cost effective for that price point.

I prefer velcro. Works better, tighter closure, typically allows for more closure where as snaps just barely closed things. And it'll last longer over time. You can always replace velcro, but as the snaps get old they turn brittle and even rust.

Snaps.

Snaps just for old school reasons, but I agree Velcro is cost effective.

Snaps for me too.