Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Someone mentioned The Mummy has a Jonny Quest vibe. Horseman has potential. There's probably some use for the LOTR guys.

My problem with the Khan sculpt is the EMCE Space Seed one is excellent, and this is not.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

I don't hate the Khan sculpt, but I don't feel like it fits in with the rest of the Trek Megos. It looks a bit more realistic and I get the feeling that it's going to appear undersized given the way the hair covers so much of the side of the face. I feel like this is the danger you run into when you have a mixture of new sculpt and re-released vintage sculpt. But maybe it'll look better in person.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
        Museum Super Collector
        • Nov 5, 2018

The monsters look great. Khan's hairdo is a little too beehive for me, but you have to get him with the WoK crew

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

How is the Khan head not accurate? It looks just like he did in the movie. What is wrong with it? He looks like an old lady with a bouffant hair-do.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

His hair was puffy and buoyant in the film. In plastic that doesn't always translate.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm sitting here alternating between image tabs of TWOK Khan, the figure, and Bea Arthur and it looks like Khan. The distinctive features are there. The hair is a little puffy and the bangs slightly short, but IMO it's a good likeness.

If this had been cast in '70s Mego bronzed tan, we'd all be raving about it. And thanks for the photo comparison, Lonnie.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

I love the sculpt. I joke about stealing the hair sculpt for other stuff, but I think the way they did this meshes perfectly with vintage. Does every stern-faced person look like Bea Arthur?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I really like the molded hair on Khan and KISS.

If NuMego somehow nabbed the King Features license and did Prince Valiant (and I'd love that!), I'd want sculpted hair.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

I like the sculpted hair, too.

Comment

• kept back
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 2, 2002

Lady Godiva was a freedom rider
                      She didn't care if the whole world looked
                      Joan of Arc with the Lord to guide her
                      She was a sister who really cooked
                      Isadora was the first bra-burner
                      Ain't ya glad she showed up? (Oh yeah!)
                      And when the country was fallin' apart
                      Betsy Ross got it all sewed up

And then there's Khan.
                      Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Man, that really made me laugh--all I could picture was a youtube vid of the show theme with a quick cutaway of Kirk screaming, "KHAN!!!"

I'm still chuckling as I type. Thanks KB.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                          Does every stern-faced person look like Bea Arthur?
                          I just can't unsee it and can now picture Kirk screaming MAUDDEEEE!!!!
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

I think the Khan looks great. Love that they did the delta badge necklace.

Aragorn has promise... but a little concerned about the sword that does not fit in the scabbard (nevermind that it is not screen accurate). Hopefully they fix that before it is released.

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

I think I need to clarify my position a bit because I have been having fun with the whole Maude/Kahn thing. It's not that I don't think the sculpt looks like Movie Kahn because it does. It's a great likeness. My chuckle is more about having never realized that Movie Kahn and Maude are not dissimilar and my playful mind likes to fill in the gaps just like several other people here. I'm relieved a bit to know I'm not alone or uncommon in having a mind that works that way.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Damn it, Maude is from Star Wars, not Star Trek!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎