X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Anniversary Cruise to Alaska

We hit our 25 year Anniversary in May but weren't sure how we'd celebrate, until she suggested a Cruise to Alaska. Neither of us had been on a Cruise, nor to Alaska, so it was perfect.

We flew out to Seattle, where we boarded this floating city on the water. She was a big girl, holding approximately 6,000 of Guests and Crew.

Our Room was in the back of the ship, which offered spectacular views.

Goodbye Seattle, for now.

Our first stop in Alaska was Ketchikan.

My Wife and I are both very fond of Oysters, so we visited an Oyster Farm.

They're brought in as babies from Hawaii and are raised here for years before they end up on J.B.'s plate.

They get rotated which promotes growth and kept in cages to keep predators, like hungry Starfish, off them.

Bald Eagles everywhere.

On our way to Juneau for some Whale Watching.

On our way out, we saw a lovely Glacier.

On to our last stop in Alaska: Skagway

We took the White Pass for a nice ride.

The next stage of the Cruise brought us to beautiful Victoria B.C., Canada.

This little guy came out, proudly rockin' the Maple Leaf, to greet us and lead us to where our girl can park her big a5s.

Our one stop in Victoria was the amazing Butchart Gardens. Words cannot describe this place.

Time to head back to where this party got started: Seattle

We had some free time this second-time around, so I kept a promise that I made to myself a long time ago if I ever found myself in Seattle. Took a short Uber drive to visit an old friend.

I had packed this miniature Strat replica of the one Jimi hand-painted then went on to set on fire during the Monterey Pop Festival.

This marked the end of our trip but it provided memories we will never forget.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Congrats on the anniversary.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Thank s for sharing and congratulations.

My parents took an Alaskan cruise several years ago and enjoyed it most amongst their travels.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

One of the attys I work with took a cruise to Alaska and said it was one of the most beautiful trips he'd ever been on and he's been all over the world. Thanks for posting all the pics and congrats on the anniversary!

Comment

• Cee
          • Sep 7, 2018

Congratulations on your 25

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

That's pretty sweet. My in-laws live in Fairbanks, Alaska. I've been twice. It's quite the place. J
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

Congrats! So you we're on that ship. We could see it from our deck. Hotel on water.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Butchart Gardens looks enchanting...right outta the movie Legend.

Beautiful pics all around, the oyster farm, the ocean, the whales, the city skyline, Hendrix, the quaint Alaskan town, the glaciers, mountains...and the lovely couple relaxing feet up...

Awesome!!!
                sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

Congrats on the silver anniversary. That's pretty awesome. And I think I have to put Butchart Gardens on my list of things to see.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Congratulations on your anniversary !!!

Love the pictures !!!

Do you have any pictures from on the ship ?

I was never on a cruise ship before - would like to see some interiors

Comment

• J.B.
                      Guild Navigator
                      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                      Congrats! So you we're on that ship. We could see it from our deck. Hotel on water.
                      Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Ed, were you at the Edgewater Hotel? That's where we stayed. We were looking for a Hotel that was on the water and man does this one have a rich history. So many musicians stayed there. Back in the day, guests would bring their fishing poles and fish right out the windows and balconies. As soon as I heard that Led Zep trashed one of the rooms I said "Book it!".

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Congratulations on your anniversary !!!

Love the pictures !!!

Do you have any pictures from on the ship ?

I was never on a cruise ship before - would like to see some interiors
                        I didn't take any pics of the inside, but my Wife may have. I'll check when I get home.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Happy Silver anniversary. I will be there in 3 years. My parents went on a cruise to Alaska and absolutely loved it. I would love to do the same someday

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎