Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Live Aid. Queen vs Led Zeppelin

Yeah, it's weird with the new Queen movie because now everyone remembers the epic-ness of Queen's performance.

At least once a year, I pull it out for a viewing. I spend hours watching vintage performances, and Queen's Live Aid show was always one of my favorites.

Images
    ^It was one of those case where I didn't know anyone else felt that way. I just remembered Live Aid best by how Freddie just commanded that entire arena. Years later, I learned it was consensus that they did indeed blow everyone else away.

It was like when I figured out other people liked Evil Dead 2. I thought me and my friends were the only ones who had ever seen it!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    Queen owned the day. I love this bit from the movie U2 coming off the stage and Freddie going on. Problem was Dire Straits performed in between those two bands.

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    I've had a lot of Zeppelin bootlegs, and live they aren't that good. Studio is where they sounded best. Queen always sounds great live. That's just how they were. Really a shame, because I really love Led Zeppelin.
    Lonnie, did you see my LZ boots at the Vancouver Toy show? I had a copy of PB and Mudslide multi color on Wizardo. All original. The early live shows and BBC are phenomenal so they can play amazing live shows. Traveling Riverside Blues was recorded live in studio for BBC. That is the only take and was released. I think they are a great live band.

Hec, I'm a huge Zep fan and have to say that Queen reigned over S
    Zep but Zep has more than made up for it in spades. The O2 reunion was mind blowing, plus they had a Bonham carrying the rhythm, not Collins and Thompson.

I didn't look through your records. That's really cool. I have heard some great live Zeppelin, but not much. Most was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    I didn't look through your records. That's really cool. I have heard some great live Zeppelin, but not much. Most was bad.
    I should have added this link that tells the significance of PB. A holy grail for Zeppelin fans.
    http://www.oldbuckeye.com/prox/vancouverboot.html

My money is on Zeppelin in a fist fight.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    My money is on Zeppelin in a fist fight.
    Queen destroys them in a college exam though...

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleEd View Post
    Lonnie, did you see my LZ boots at the Vancouver Toy show? I had a copy of PB and Mudslide multi color on Wizardo. All original. The early live shows and BBC are phenomenal so they can play amazing live shows. Traveling Riverside Blues was recorded live in studio for BBC. That is the only take and was released. I think they are a great live band.

Hec, I'm a huge Zep fan and have to say that Queen reigned over S
    Zep but Zep has more than made up for it in spades. The O2 reunion was mind blowing, plus they had a Bonham carrying the rhythm, not Collins and Thompson.
    Never saw Led Zep live unfortunately (my buddies and I were set to watch them, but Bonham died). Saw Queen three times...with Mercury of course, not Lambert.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleEd View Post
    I should have added this link that tells the significance of PB. A holy grail for Zeppelin fans.
    http://www.oldbuckeye.com/prox/vancouverboot.html
    Um, wow... I never knew. Wish I could have at least heard it.