X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji
    Was anyone else sick enough to use a flame or soldering iron to melt wounds and holes in them? In my adolescent years, some of mine were pretty grisly victims.
    It was only you!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I tortured a few of the lamer GI Joe RAH figures I had as I phased out of toys. I feel really guilty about it now, but I think I was trying to legitimize still "playing" with them. I also blew up my Super Powers Golden Pharaoh with an M-80 firecracker, because I hated that they made him instead of say, Nightwing or Blue Beetle.

But I don't recall every torturing army men.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I think in the summer of 1979, for some project my dad was doing there was a large amount of sand in our drive way. Naturally, I set it up with army men, dinosaurs and used my Shinsei Jeek Tunnelin to produce this sprawling saga loosely inspired by Star Blazers. I remember I took the top off a tank to make this gigantic cannon on the hill. It was one of the happiest times of my childhood, i was so engrossed in it that i remember it all vividly.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Confessional
          Any set of those and a big can of Lincoln Logs = days and days of childhood fun!
          Indeed. That was a lot of fun. Never seen the spacemen one. Very cool

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I don't recall ever seeing those. I would grabbed a bag of the knights.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

The bags of fun toys I had as an adult collector. For my money the Swingers were the real fab four.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Man, that's a nice piece right there.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Confessional
                  Any set of those and a big can of Lincoln Logs = days and days of childhood fun!
                  Very true. I didn't have Lincoln Logs, but Gramma did. It made going to her house even more special. These kinds of toys really do require imagination to complete the play experience.

Comment

• tay666
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
                    Was anyone else sick enough to use a flame or soldering iron to melt wounds and holes in them? In my adolescent years, some of mine were pretty grisly victims.
                    No, but when I got older they made great items for target practice with the 22.

My best friend had a target backstop made out of railroad ties. We would put the army men in several locations on the backstop and see if we could score any head shots from about 100 yards away.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎