Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bags of Fun: Action Figures

Plaid Stallions Bags of Fun: Action Figures

As a kid, I figured out that combining these sets with other dimestore novelties could result in some B-Movie goodness, so I had Cowboys vs Giant bugs and Army Men vs Dinosaurs quite often. This is the only skill of merit that I taught my children.

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Nothing beats my Tim Mee outer space Star Wars knockoffs. LINK. You had X-Wing Luke, Leia, Chewie, Artoo, Vader, and a Mercury Astronaut . They also sell them "Jumbo Sized", which is probably the size they were originally sculpted at.

I loved a few years ago when Hasbro started selling essentially licensed Star Wars Army Men

The packaging was awful, and they were a bit pricey, but what a dream come true to have real Star Wars "Army Men".
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS:

Images
    Some fun random purchases over the years, although I don't recall that much variety. It was usually just army men and cowboys/indians, but I did get some knights and space figures along the way too, as I recall.

I find myself really loving these things now. I got the Incredibles 2 Tub O' Figures last year for Christmas, and I love them!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Yea dollar tree is selling justice league army men with a little gimmick that makes them shoot across the field of play.

Images
    ^Those are fun. I set them up with my Guliver DC figures!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I'd be all over them Spirit of 76ers
    .................................................. .......................

I'd really love to get my mitts on more Ideal Justice League, and would sell my soul for Godzilla vs. Tricephalon.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    These are really a microcosm of the love/hate relationship with some of the toys from my childhood. I always wanted them, thinking they looked really cool. BUT... the moment I had them, I'd set them up and then lose interest. I guess I just didn't have a strong enough imagination to make up for their complete lack of articulation. I was always disappointed with what, for me, was a lack of "play-ability." I know, blasphemy!

Adult collector me really digs that display, though. I'd love to add that to the toyroom!
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Any set of those and a big can of Lincoln Logs = days and days of childhood fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post
    These are really a microcosm of the love/hate relationship with some of the toys from my childhood. I always wanted them, thinking they looked really cool. BUT... the moment I had them, I'd set them up and then lose interest. I guess I just didn't have a strong enough imagination to make up for their complete lack of articulation. I was always disappointed with what, for me, was a lack of "play-ability." I know, blasphemy!

Adult collector me really digs that display, though. I'd love to add that to the toyroom!
    Shoot Shogun fists at them all day.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)