X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Bags of Fun: Action Figures

As a kid, I figured out that combining these sets with other dimestore novelties could result in some B-Movie goodness, so I had Cowboys vs Giant bugs and Army Men vs Dinosaurs quite often. This is the only skill of merit that I taught my children.

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Nothing beats my Tim Mee outer space Star Wars knockoffs. LINK. You had X-Wing Luke, Leia, Chewie, Artoo, Vader, and a Mercury Astronaut . They also sell them "Jumbo Sized", which is probably the size they were originally sculpted at.

I loved a few years ago when Hasbro started selling essentially licensed Star Wars Army Men

The packaging was awful, and they were a bit pricey, but what a dream come true to have real Star Wars "Army Men".

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Some fun random purchases over the years, although I don't recall that much variety. It was usually just army men and cowboys/indians, but I did get some knights and space figures along the way too, as I recall.

I find myself really loving these things now. I got the Incredibles 2 Tub O' Figures last year for Christmas, and I love them!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Yea dollar tree is selling justice league army men with a little gimmick that makes them shoot across the field of play.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Those are fun. I set them up with my Guliver DC figures!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I'd be all over them Spirit of 76ers

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

I'd really love to get my mitts on more Ideal Justice League, and would sell my soul for Godzilla vs. Tricephalon.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

These are really a microcosm of the love/hate relationship with some of the toys from my childhood. I always wanted them, thinking they looked really cool. BUT... the moment I had them, I'd set them up and then lose interest. I guess I just didn't have a strong enough imagination to make up for their complete lack of articulation. I was always disappointed with what, for me, was a lack of "play-ability." I know, blasphemy!

Adult collector me really digs that display, though. I'd love to add that to the toyroom!
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Any set of those and a big can of Lincoln Logs = days and days of childhood fun!

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Wee67
                    These are really a microcosm of the love/hate relationship with some of the toys from my childhood. I always wanted them, thinking they looked really cool. BUT... the moment I had them, I'd set them up and then lose interest. I guess I just didn't have a strong enough imagination to make up for their complete lack of articulation. I was always disappointed with what, for me, was a lack of "play-ability." I know, blasphemy!

Adult collector me really digs that display, though. I'd love to add that to the toyroom!
                    Shoot Shogun fists at them all day.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

I’ll always recall that I had those green Army men, but until this thread I had forgotten that I also had the “Space men” and the “Cowboys and Indians.” I don’t see them listed here, but I also had the firemen/firefighters. It seems like those were probably made by the same people.

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
                        I'd be all over them Spirit of 76ers
                        Me, too--never heard of such things.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 23, 2013

Those are really cool!

'Bags of Fun' is a good description of the toys!

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

I had the Army men and Cowboys and Indians, would have liked the Spirit of 76, and I thought they also put out
                            Civil War Blue and Grey pieces, not pictured, or was that someone else?

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Was anyone else sick enough to use a flame or soldering iron to melt wounds and holes in them? In my adolescent years, some of mine were pretty grisly victims.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎