X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Do You Have A Mego Collecting Goal?

I will never reach my Mego goal. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

First off let me say - There is no wrong way to collect Megos. Whatever brings you joy personally is the best way to collect anything.

I think I may be the last person foolish enough to want to collect all things Mego post-1972. I don't think I'll ever get everything, but it helps me continue the hunt.

I know others may just focus on WGSH or 3 & 3/4 figures. Others have changed over the years, maybe collecting AJ then selling and shifting focus to POTA or Trek. Some even find joy in collecting only the figures they had as a kid. Do you have a Mego focus?
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

I don't have a end goal as far as mego collecting. I wanted to get a shelf of the 7 WGSH Batfamily loose in great shape. Then it was every mego Aquaman item. Then Superman which I am missing more than a few examples of. Really mego made so much it can take a lifetime to find or buy.

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Re-starting my collection I am focused on just completing the WGSH Marvel line, after that I do want to venture into all of the CAH line then who knows.

Comment

• kresge1
        Museum_Bozo
        • Jun 20, 2001

I want it all
        Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

I had a goal to collect all “regular” 8” US figures. It was a great day when I accomplished that. Now I just buy things I’m excited about.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not sure. I'm almost done with 8"--just need Dick Grayson trousers. I'd like a few rarities like the gray stallion and the jousting horse.

I bought my first 12" figure at the recent meet, so I'll continue with those in a limited way. And CAH/Pocket heroes have always been very tempting.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 26, 2008

Given the huge number of box and blister variants, when collecting MEGOs you need to make choices and establishing a goal or several goals is fundamental to avoid wasting money in anything you encounter...
              I have an additional problem...I live in Italy...

20 years ago I chose to collect ONLY the WGSH and I gave myself the goal of:
              1- Finding all 8'' and 12'' Harbert mib/moc
              2- Finding all USA 8'' playsets
              3- Finding all the 8'' WGSHs ...loose in all possible variations of costumes / bodies / accessories WITHOUT repro pieces.
              4- Finding all USA 8'' in window box in all possible box variations
              5- Finding all 4 Alter Ego
              6- Finding all 8'' loose FF
              7- Finding at least 1 version per character on sealed cards (LOL)
              8- Finding all 4 solid boxes
              9- Finding all 4 MOC Teen Titans
              10- Finding at least 1 version per character of the Kresgee cards
              11- Finding all 12'' in box
              12- Finding the remaining versions of the 8'' moc

While goals 1-6 are close to completion... I will certainly never be able to accomplish the remaining five...but dreaming does not cost anything, right ?

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I usually only collect what has personal attachment to me.There is enough WGSH, Trek, Legends figures and playsets to keep the search alive and well for me. Now when I only have the Flukes of Hazzard and Dr. Kromedumb left then I will give up the ghost.

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

I collect what I like. My long term goal is a collection of the POPY figures in box.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

After finding a Kirk and Spock in a shoebox, my goal was to collect the complete 8" line of Mego Star Trek.
                    It took a long time and much patience, but I was able to achieve the goal, albeit there all lose with custom window boxes
                    but the condition of them is near perfect, which was important to me.

My long term goal I guess would be carded aliens, but I don't think it will happen.

Comment

• 1st_PEST
                      • Jun 1, 2019

Happy To Be Buried In Mego's

I've spent way too much time buying and selling on ebay... and thanks to my father the auctioneer.... too much time doing clean outs and sales.... My Greatest find that RE-lit the Mego bug 19 years ago... Was in an attic... at the bottom of a trunk full of musty blankets... A boxed type 1 removable cowl batman( some rotton kid made sure their brother wasn't gonna find it)... Since then... I collect what sparks my interest at the moment... there were so many great action figures when we were all growing up... but Mego by far was and will always be my favorite... I don't care what kind or condition.... they're my goto action figure.... and that's more than anyone wanted to know... Lol...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Welcome to the museum!

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

I never wanted anything more than the original 8 inch Superheroes, but I am not willing to pay hundreds on stuff either.
                          I have lots of WGSH, Star Trek, and Ape stuff from my childhood too.
                          Although I love a lot of the new stuff coming out, the fact that I am having to downsize to a condo is making me look at this collecting differently now.
                          With nowhere to display all of it, it seems silly to buy more stuff. It would just take up more space in a rented storage unit.
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• glimpy
                            Loco Chango
                            • Feb 5, 2012

What a doggone good question!!! I think about it... and I think what my situation is, it's more of an addiction.
                            sigpic

Comment

• glimpy
                              Loco Chango
                              • Feb 5, 2012

I think I want to add more... at first I wanted the superheroes, just the main ones. Then I started to go after all of them. Then I wanted the foreign figures. Then I went after all the Star Trek and then the Planet of the Apes!! And now all the new stuff and whatever I can get my hands on that I don't have, because now I am YES, I am an ADDICT!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎