X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Captain America head

Ok, so I get a Captain America in the mail today and I notice his head is very dark blue. I've been collecting Megos for almost 25 years now and have had a lot of these figures but never have a seen a Cap head this dark in color. It could have been repainted but why go to that trouble and not touch up the "A" symbol or the face? Variant? Repaint? Common? Camera flash doesn't help show just how dark it really is.

• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I've had some really dark ones.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I think the dark blue ones are late-issue, similar to Batmen. They can be kind of oily.

There're different production runs of vinyl color and flesh tones.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

I've had probably 20-25 Caps over the years but never one with this dark blue head. Mark it up to something new for me and probably fairly common.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

It looks like the regular color to me. I've had maybe 5 or 6 vintage ca heads and one DST ca head. This doesnt look noticeably different to me.

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

I also have a very dark blue one, that I got on eBay.

Dana
            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm fascinated by the vinyl and paint variants of Capt. America and Batman heads.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎