Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else still dealing with July-4 firecrackers ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody else still dealing with July-4 firecrackers ?

For the last week EVERY night people have been setting off firecrackers for at least 2 hours EVERY night !!!

PLEASE STOP !!!

It's not the fourth anymore !!!

Guess it don't help there's a Phantom store about 2 blocks away --- STOP !!!
  • The Nawd
    Nawd your head for yes.
    • Feb 15, 2011

YES! It has been going on every night (before and after the 4th) ranging in length from 2 hours to as little as 15 minutes. No rhyme or reason as to the duration.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I always hated firecrackers and fireworks. My little doggies hate them too.
        sigpic

Comment

• mike69
          Museum Super Collector
          • May 4, 2011

Yes, same here. Save them for next year!!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Man, I've been dealing with them all week! I'm almost out now...

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
              My little doggies hate them too.
              They don't bother me, but yeah, my dog won't take her night walk before bed to relieve herself. She's petrified. I don't get why it's July 2-7, instead of July 4. Get your jollies all in one night, and be done with it.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Hedji
                They don't bother me, but yeah, my dog won't take her night walk before bed to relieve herself. She's petrified. I don't get why it's July 2-7, instead of July 4. Get your jollies all in one night, and be done with it.
                In our area, most towns spread out their fireworks display from the weekend before the 4th to weekend after the 4th each year, so people can attend multiple displays, and several other events (festivals, fairs, ballgames etc.) include fireworks displays from June to August. Fireworks season here is from late June to late August every year. I work nights, and every night the past 2 weeks I have seen fireworks in the sky coming home from work. Very few were from actual authorized events. Our dog doesn't like them, but since we upgraded the windows in our house 3 years ago, the sound doesn't bother him when he's inside so it hasn't been an issue.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  Man, I've been dealing with them all week! I'm almost out now...
                  I didn't really light any fireworks off this year. I heard a lot of them, but didn't even see any.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

It's not only fireworks but anything that makes loud noises.

From about a week before the fourth to a week after, every night multiple neighbors keep shooting off their shotguns -- from like 7pm to 10-ish pm.

I grew up with guns and have no problem with them but during prime time TV viewing hours I don't want to hear BOOM !!!! 10 thousand times.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎