X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

Museum of the Moving Image in Queens, NY. Star Trek Mego on display

My family and I were visiting NY and we stopped yesterday at the Museum of the Moving Image. It is all about the history of film and it's production. We went because it is right next door to the studio where they film Sesame Street and as such, they have a permanent Jim Henson exhibit, but when going through I found out they also currently had a bunch of Star Trek Mego stuff on display in an exhibit about product tie ins to movie and TV. Megos aside, it is a fantastic place to visit! They had theatre advertising slides from the 20s and 30s. Life masks of actors and how they do prosthetics. Examples of costumes and set design. Really neat stuff. Here are some Mego pics. I don't know if they are just temporary or there all the time.
    0705191714.jpg
    0705191714a.jpg
    0705191716.jpg

They also had a bunch of other toys like Howdy Woody, Star Wars, etc. This window had JJ Walker and Flip Wilson in it. Then also here is a pic from the Jim Henson exhibit.
    0705191720c.jpg
    0705191807b.jpg
    It's all good!
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

That's pretty neat … I don't think I've ever seen all 12" STTMP figures loose and together on display
    Last edited by Mikey; Jul 6, '19, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Pretty neat stuff, thanks for sharing pics.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I remember seeing that Flintstones Construction Brontosaurs at a church rummage sale back in the early 70's … Wanted it soooo bad

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

So much goodness in all of those pictures. I had that Star Trek shirt in elementary school about the time I got my Mego Kirk.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎