STAR TREK: Heads Cast in New Material?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Galactifan
    • Sep 14, 2007

Here you go...here's a comparison of the non-shiny vs. shiny heads. Perhaps it has something to do with the later production run being a higher number having the shiny head???

FYI...I'm loving the new Mego figures and their fantastic detailed clothing! And even though I love the original Megos and the silver foil chest emblem and braid, I hope to see more of this new style/corrected gold command Star Trek insignia and braid on the next release of classic Trek figures. Heck maybe even the corrected; Sciences, Engineering and Medical insignias......and eventually a Starship Exeter Captain Ron Tracey classic figure with correct insignia would be fantastic (hey, I can dream )! Also, loving the new black phaser and silver communicator colors! Keep up the great work Mego and we'll keep buying!

Last edited by Galactifan; Jul 19, '19, 1:39 AM.

Comment

• dcohendmd
      • Jan 20, 2014

not shiny=dull LOL

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Has anyone tried washing/cleaning the shiny faces? Is it just some residue or the actual finish? Quick coat of Elmer's Glue will fix it if it's the finish.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by scott metzger
          Has anyone tried washing/cleaning the shiny faces? Is it just some residue or the actual finish? Quick coat of Elmer's Glue will fix it if it's the finish.
          I was wondering that myself Scott. I own both Kirk & Spock "Shiny" versions...but I haven't opened them yet.
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I'm more wondering why they haven't fixed his eyebrows.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^Me too. But shiny looks cheap IMO.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

UPDATE! I opened my TWT Kirk and noticed he was a lot less shiny now. Then I washed his face with some dish soap and now it's all gone. Then this morning I looked at my Spock still in the package and noticed that it's faded to the point that its all most gone. So, I guess the shininess goes away on it's own.
                sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                  UPDATE! I opened my TWT Kirk and noticed he was a lot less shiny now. Then I washed his face with some dish soap and now it's all gone. Then this morning I looked at my Spock still in the package and noticed that it's faded to the point that its all most gone. So, I guess the shininess goes away on it's own.
                  That's really strange.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

something sprayed on it maybe to seal the paint or something? I seem to recall this came up on one of the other Mego-Like lines a few years back

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      something sprayed on it maybe to seal the paint or something? I seem to recall this came up on one of the other Mego-Like lines a few years back
                      Yeah, must be something like that? Strange that it would disappear inside the package...but GOOD news, I'm happy about that!
                      sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

It may be mold release. Glad it isn't a change in the head or something more concerning.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎