X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Italian Superman Flying toy- I don't know if i've ever seen this 70s item by "New Toy" before but i really like it and it's wonderful packaging design. It even has an offer for an Ourways Studios articulated Superman on the back.

Doctor Zaius Helium Head- OH MY GOD I WANT THIS. I seriously contemplated a "Go Fund Me" to buy it. I probably won't go through with that but wow, i'm so smitten....

Battlestar Galactica Warriors Battle jacket store poster- There can't be too many of these kicking around. I had no idea they were even offered at retail. As a kid, even though I was lukewarm on BSG I soooooo wanted to wear this to school. It's probably good that i didn't get it, I doubt it would have gone over big...

Farrah Fawcett Knock off doll- Skateboarding Tanya is popular with Charlie's Angels characters because of that awesome swipe from the Hasbro Charlie's Angel's toy line.

Spectreman Stamp Set- Japanese kids got cheap-o rack toys just like us, except their licenses were kind of more awesome. The seller has ALL KINDS of wonderful and tempting Spectreman items, so if you're into I suggest you visit here.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Someone wrote about those tankhead Zaius a few years ago… kinda remember them saying only a handful of them existed, but I think everyone who had/has one has tried to sell it for big $$$, and they keep coming up for sale periodically. Supercool, but if I'm giving up that much real estate in my studio I'm going with a Lawgiver cast for a fraction of the price. Now if money and space were of no consequence…

Love love love! the Spectreman rubber stamps. Almost bought that last week and then reality hit that I would absolutely rip that package open (carefully saving that awesome header card of course) and rubber stamp Gori and Karas/Rah all over everything in my house. Obviously someone else should own that.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I think I wrote about that tank head with the help of my friend Corey who owns one.

I also owned a trashed version of that stamp set and have some of those stamps laying around.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

It's bizarre (or rather, I am), I'm so much more into Dr. Gori than Spectreman.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I think you'd be surprised at how many people share that.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            It's all about Gori!… that other guy is just a distraction!

… even the beach ball is tempting!
            Last edited by Confessional; Jul 5, '19, 11:50 AM. Reason: … Space Apes rule the Universe!

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
              I think I wrote about that tank head…
              Ah, thanks for re-posting that!… Creative Rubber Co. election year antics; wonder how many they actually made/sold? I remember someone saying 5 or 7, but that could be pure speculation given the article. We must find Jules Pollack, he should be a member here!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I like that flying Superman figure. Reminds me of a foreign version of a Remco Energized figure.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

I like cool Japanese toys. Please include more.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I saw the BSG jacket at the Bergners in the Peru mall while school clothes shopping with Ma. Of course that didn't make the cut.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

I always wanted the Galactica jacket from seeing it in the magazine ads.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Me too. The warrior in the artwork really resembles Maren Jensen. When the ad appeared in Starlog, I just dreamed and dreamed.

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

I really wanted one of those jackets too, hell I still kind of do.

Doctor Zaius Helium Head- OH MY GOD I WANT THIS. I seriously contemplated a "Go Fund Me" to buy it. I probably won't go through with that but wow, i'm so smitten....

I notice that he doesn't ship to Canada (not surprising for this item) so if it were cheaper I have a feeling I'd be roped into a really interesting adventure from the US to Canada with this thing in the back of my SUV.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎