X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun guy
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 24, 2011

justice league versus avengers crossover

Will a justice league versus avengers crossover become a reality any time soon?
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

a) there already was one done by Busiek and Perez. 4 issue prestige format mini-series done in 2003, collected in trade some time after that. There is also artwork from the previous attempt to do it in the 80s that fell apart. Several pages were completed by Perez before disagreements between Marvel Editorial (Jim Shooter) and DC tanked the project.

b) More Marvel and DC crossovers will not happen any time soon. The current editorial regimes do not like each other and will not work each other and they are now parts of rival corporate entities, and any cooperation between the two is a near impossibility even if the editorial teams could get along.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• fun guy
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 24, 2011

Thanks for telling me that.I Hope something can be worked out at some point.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Also, both being arms of huge, competing corporations doesn't help. Disney and WB aren't likely to work on a project like this together.

Having said that, JLAvengers is a fantastic comic series, and if its the last Marvel/DC crossover, they went out with style.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

The already published one is the be all end all of JLA/Avengers crossovers IMO. The interaction between characters was spot on, and hey, Superman is worthy of Mjolnir!!
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            The interaction between characters was spot on, and hey, Superman is worthy of Mjolnir!!
            Indeed... at least until the end of the story, when the enchantment doesn't allow him to lift it again!

(Interestingly, Wonder Woman was also deemed worthy to lift Mjolnir in the 1990s Marvel vs DC limited series.)
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

And Storm I think too.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I think I'm missing one or two issues from that series.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎