X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Where are we gonna be able to buy?

Target is clearing out stock, and hasn't gotten anything new in ages. I see them sparsely at FYE, and hear rumors about Bed, Bath and Beyond.

I really wanna buy these, but I can't if I can't find them.

Sure, I can order them...but where's the fun in that?

Apparently Aquaman is out? Where can I find him? What stores are going to start carrying these?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

Ordering is fine but I still prefer to buy them in a store and being able to see the figures.

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

Agreed.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I am more likely to impulse buy at Target than add up the shipping on an online order. I'm just weird like that.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I am, too, I need to see what I'm buying.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
            Banned
            • Jan 24, 2009

I prefer to see figures in person at a store before buying too but it's been a long time since I've been able to consistently find figures at a store that I want. Target has been so sporadic with their stocking at their stores, I don't like having to waste my time driving all over only to be disappointed. If they get their consistency on track in the future, I will definitely start going to Target more but until then , I will order mine online and spend my money on shipping instead of wasted gas .

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

At MegoMeet they (Marty and Joel) mentioned publicly and privately that Mego was about to get some serious wider distribution at major retailers. I think they were reluctant to mention the who until something is officially stated and that is good business practice.

So I think the "brick and mortar" preference society will be well served.

Personally, I think one of them will be Barnes and Noble, I have no inside track, just a hunch.

Also, Target's new collector section has a 14" Mego Batman graphic in it.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

B&N is a smart choice. While I don't have one local, I get to Pittsburgh and Columbus often enough that it should be no impediment to me.

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
                  Banned
                  • Jan 24, 2009

B&N maybe a good place to find them in store but I found their shipping so horrendous I haven't bought from them in years .

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I'm starting to see these popping up in different stores besides Target, but it looks like some places are selling at a higher price, I've seen them at a mall comic shop going for $22.99, think geek $19.99, Target 12.99, I haven't checked bed and bath yet, so what's the deal with certain stores charging more? doesn't Mego have a say on how much these stores can sell them for? I don't want to buy online because of shipping, unless there's a deal somewhere, ebay is a very very last resort.

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

Barnes & Noble would be good. I recently found a red cape Lugosi Dracula at an FYE for $19.99 plus tax which was about what it would have cost to order one and have it shipped.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 15, 2012

Barnes and Noble was recently purchased by a hedge fund. Chances are good that they will suck all the money out of the company and it will suffer the same fate as other retailers. I wouldn't count on them long term.

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

I don't go in my local Best Buy very often but I noticed they have expanded their Toy and Collectibles section quite a bit. Some Walmart seem to be creating a collectibles section. Maybe one or both chains could sell MEGOs.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎