X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Close Out Star Trek

This week’s Vintage Mego is all about this curious item that began appearing in discount stores in the 1970s. Two Mego Star Trek action figures wrapped inside the shell of the Enterprise Bridge playset. We give you everything we know about the history of this curious little footnote. The Mego Museum Star Trek Galleries: Star…

More...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I remember getting that bundle as a kid. I probably actually got more than one of them. I played hard with my toys and definitely went through several Enterprises and Kirks and Spocks

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

I love these little bits of "fringe" Mego, the oddities that pop up. That newspaper ad cracks me up. The artwork is soooooooo bad

I was surprised to see the figures came carded. I guess it was easier to put them in that way rather than open them and dump the figures in loose. I had just assumed they were loose in there.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Wee67
        I was surprised to see the figures came carded. I guess it was easier to put them in that way rather than open them and dump the figures in loose. I had just assumed they were loose in there.
        My favorite childhood toyline, Legends of the West, did that with packed in figures. Every vehicle (stagecoach, covered wagon, etc.) came with a figure included, and, with the exception of the Firewagon, that had a special variant figure specific to it, they were just carded figures slid into the wagon's box. It was how I built up the collection in fact, giving me multiples of some figures.
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎