X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mondo He-Man review.

First thing I noticed is the figures is quite heavy. This is one solid figure. The joints are also really tight. So, be careful when you move them the first time. The hands and head come off easily. Which is nice. You don't have to worry about breaking anything trying to swap out the parts.

The sculpting on the figure and accessories is really intricate and detailed. But I think the most impressive thing about it is the paint work. It looks like a mix of dry brushing, washes and even some airbrushing. They did not skimp on the paint that's for sure. The skin tone is improved over bright peachy color of the proto pics. The only fabric pieces are the loin cloth and fun fur tufts around the boots.

It comes with a whole bunch of accessories including six hands (two fists, two gripping and two trigger), power sword, axe, shield, Grayskull weapons rack mini sword and laser rifle, 87 movie laser gun, toy head, sword sheath, stand and the oddest accessory, Burbie. Burbie from the Filmation toon seems like and odd choice considering how realistic they went with everything else. Still cool though. I loves me some Filmation. Not sure how deep I will go with these. I don't usually collect these kinds of high end collector dolls. But I will more than likely at least pick up Skeletor.

motumondo1.JPG

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

With classic head. Works way better than I expected it to.

motumondo2.JPG

Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 3, '19, 7:44 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

The attachment is faulty. Thank you for reviewing the figure,
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        The attachment is faulty. Thank you for reviewing the figure,
        I re-uploaded the image. Hopefully this fixes it.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

yes, I got this figure some time ago and is very pleased with it and the accessories are pretty nice, but I don't think I will go further into the line. Although I think they will be doing Lion-O in the future and I'll most likely get that as well.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

The link's fixed, looks good.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, Skeletor is pretty cool. I think he turned out better than He-Man.

motumondoskel.JPG

I like the addition of the jointed jaw so he can laugh. The joints are tight but not as crazy tight as He-Man. The only real flaw is the staff should have been longer. It's too heavy to get him to hold it properly without it resting on the ground and it needed to be a bit longer to really balance him properly. He has to hold it right at the top to get it to just barely reach the ground and it takes a bit of work to get him in just the right pose. I think this would have been fixed if the staff was maybe an inch longer. Otherwise he is great.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎