• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Disney Live Action Little Mermaid

D-lKk-dWkAMilgS.jpgHalle Bailey as Little Mermaid.jpg

Halle Bailey, a 19-year-old singer and part of the musical sister duo Chloe x Halle, is set to go under the sea as Ariel in Disney’s live-action version of The Little Mermaid.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

She's really cute

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

attractive young lady but totally wrong for the part. this movie is going to be an epic fail

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

When is Disney going to run out of animated movies to live action-ize?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          When is Disney going to run out of animated movies to live action-ize?
          2453 by my estimate.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

I know nothing about her so it's a blank slate for me. As far as race...I don't know what color mermaids are so i don't really have an issue there. I don't think this is going to he some instant disney classic. I cant think of any of the live action remakes that really excited me. I would love to see Sword in the Stone live action...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I have no problem with the casting, but I'm sure the ugly side of the internet will have a collective mental breakdown over it.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

I was reading Melissa McCarthy was in for Ursula. Wth...we cant get a Purple American to play the role???

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  I have no problem with the casting, but I'm sure the ugly side of the internet will have a collective mental breakdown over it.

Chris

You are absolutely right.

I understand why these are being adapted, but as a fan of classic Disney animation, I'm of the mind that the originals are timeless and they got them right the first time.

They are running out of big name titles though. In fact, I think Little Mermaid is the last of the big Neo-Classics.

What's left that comes to mind?

Bambi - Such a beautiful, beautiful cartoon... how could they improve it?
                  Princess and the Frog - I bet it's on the slate.
                  Pocahontas - Is this one in production already?
                  Pinnochio - Could be done as a Chucky style horror.
                  Hunchback - Would Disney exploit the recent loss of the cathedral to sell tickets?
                  Peter Pan - So many live adaptations already
                  Snow White - Again, multiple adaptations, but they could do the Dwarves kinda fun I suppose.
                  Hercules - Ferrigno reprises his role
                  The Three Caballeros - Could be fun seeing a parrot, rooster, and duck in Mexico getting into hijinks
                  Aristocats - I'd go see a movie filled with funny cat videos from start to finish
                  Emperor's New Groove - When you know they've run out of titles

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I'm really glad I don't run a Disney forum right now, eeesh, they must be overrun with joylessness right now.

I want Disney to remake their live action movies as cartoons, "Computer wore tennis shoes" and "Superdad" being my top picks. I'm on hand to provide a Joe Flynn sound a like.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

Yes, the internet is furious right now. I realized she is one of the girls who sang the national anthem at the Super Bowl so I know she can sing. I can’t get passionate either way. The Little Mermaid isn’t my favorite, though I like it.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Still waiting for them to remake Mr. Superinvisible

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

What always gets me about stuff like this is all the people that had absolutely zero interest, knowledge or care about the Little Mermaid or Disney Princesses in the slightest now have a very strong opinion on them.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            What always gets me about stuff like this is all the people that had absolutely zero interest, knowledge or care about the Little Mermaid or Disney Princesses in the slightest now have a very strong opinion on them.
                            Very true --- my 6 year old niece LOVES The Little Mermaid (among many other girl centered Disney characters) and she has no idea what a black or white person is.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              The complaining and blaming business is booming right now. it's our largest industry.

I do wonder why people spend their time stressing out about weird crap that doesn't affect them in any real way.

I thought Alladin looked terrible but then realized, I wouldn't go see one that looked good either, so who cares? My kids loved it but it's part of their childhood, not mine.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎