X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mint of Card: 14" Aquaman by Mego Corp

It’s been a while since we did a Mint Off Card episode and what better time then when I have shiny new 14″ Aquaman in my hands. We open up the sea king and give you a detailed look as to what he’s all about. I got mine at Entertainment Earth who sponsors the MegoMuseum:…

More...
  • newlyknighted
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 21, 2010

Love the classic figure and the sculpt. Missed hearing the chipper music, but liked the video presentation as always. I wonder if Mego will beat FTC by being the first to make Mera in 8" or 14"?
    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by newlyknighted
      Love the classic figure and the sculpt. Missed hearing the chipper music, but liked the video presentation as always. I wonder if Mego will beat FTC by being the first to make Mera in 8" or 14"?
      Oop the track got dropped, thankfully youtube has me covered. Thanks for pointing that out.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

This is a great figure, I liked it even more in hand. I was hoping for Parkdale-style green cuffs, but these look fine. (Robin will be another story.)

I'm always pleasantly surprised (and pleased) at how many Mego fans are fond of Aquaman and Capt. Marvel.

Thanks for the video.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

Nice video.i bought this Aquaman as well.its fintastic . beautiful box art .I think the security guard for 14 trek will use this sculpt .and it's very good .I also got the ftc classic 12 Aquaman too .love the classic look to with Spock ears.its nice that this character is getting the respect he deserves.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

I love that montage music. It reminds me so much of a late 70's/early 80's sitcom theme. I'm always waiting for the wacky neighbor to make an appearance.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Ator
              • Jun 27, 2019

Was Black Manta released in low numbers or something? I see that his prices are getting pretty high on eBay.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I was wondering if Manta was short-packed.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

Good review. I'm sold. I'm not planning on dropping the 14" line any time soon, but then, I haven't seen the 8" stuff that's coming. So time will tell. But for the foreseeable future, I'm in for Aquaman, and Captain Marvel.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎