• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Palifan
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 18, 2016

UK Fist Fighter Emblem?

Hi all,

I was hoping someone out there might be able to help me with a question about my Batman Emblem.

I've owned a UK issue Batman Fist Fighter figure for years now which has what looks like a cloth emblem attached to his costume. It looks like a real cloth emblem based on what I can tell from this very site but I wondered if this figure was ever issued with a cloth emblem or have they only been seen with a paper one?

I do have an original paper emblem outfit as well for another UK fist Fighter so I thought I should check to make sure I know which one is right (or both of them possible). One other thing is that the cloth emblem outfit seems to only have one popper on the back of the outfit and the paper emblem one has two. Does anyone know how many poppers these UK Fist Fighters should have?

Any help appreciated and although I have a complete UK Fist Fighter set I've started to wonder if everything is original as I thought it was when I picked them up.

Ian
  • Palifan
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 18, 2016

Any thoughts anyone?

Ian

Comment

• scoth70
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 17, 2008

hi can you post pictures I have all the uk fist fighters aswell

ive had then with one and 2 snaps
      as for logos I think youd really only know for certain if someone has carded examples
      many fist fighters you buy have lost there emblems
      so some have repro or some may have original taken from another outfit...
      Last edited by scoth70; Jul 2, '19, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Palifan
        Museum Patron
        • Jan 18, 2016

Originally posted by scoth70
        hi can you post pictures I have all the uk fist fighters aswell

ive had then with one and 2 snaps
        as for logos I think youd really only know for certain if someone has carded examples
        many fist fighters you buy have lost there emblems
        so some have repro or some may have original taken from another outfit...
        Thanks for the reply and I'll get some pictures up as soon as I figure out how to post them (haven't done this yet and if I need a hosting site to do this I'll need to look into finding a free one that works).

Thanks again,

Ian

Comment

• Palifan
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 18, 2016

looking at my posting permissions it says that I can't post attachments yet, I'm not sure when this will change but as soon as i can post a picture I'll try to get one up. Any other thoughts on my question would be appreciated though.

Ian

Comment

• TheMegoGuy
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 26, 2014

It was my understanding that fist fighters only came with paper emblems.

Comment

• Palifan
              Museum Patron
              • Jan 18, 2016

Originally posted by TheMegoGuy
              It was my understanding that fist fighters only came with paper emblems.
              This was what I was starting to think based on the research I've done but I was surprised how little information I could find on this variant. It might be because I'm specifically looking for info on the UK, black button ones and although you do see a fair few loose examples around I hardly ever see sealed examples to examine. It would be good to know though as I may change my display batman with the cloth emblem for the paper one I have although the cloth one is in better shape. Saying that though maybe my cloth emblem isn't legit so as soon as I'm allowed to post some pictures I'll get some up for you guys to take a look at and see what you think.

I've always liked Mego figures and picked them up over the years (even though I don't have many other than the FF ones), but have spent years collecting Vintage Star Wars, particularly Palitoy, so I've built up a lot of knowledge in this area and not so much Mego. It's funny not having so much knowledge about repro Mego items but knowing a lot about SW repro items but it feels like a good time to build up knowledge in a new area for me so I'm eager to learn and see what I have in my collection.

Ian

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎