X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mega Construx Castle Grayskull review.

3508 pieces. It was a fairly complex and lengthy build. The box is massive and so is the instruction book. To make the build manageable it's thankfully done in sections with numbered bags. Fifty-Four bags in total. All the details are painted. No stickers!!

Design wise, I think it's better than Lego would have done. It has a lot of really clever design choices like the way the castle's turret's are rounded in shape. It's also not a Lego style diorama type playset. It's an actual fully functional MOTUC style Castle Grayskull playset scaled down and made of bricks. It hinges open, working jawbridge that uses the Power Sword as a key, working throne activated trap door which drops figures into the dungeon, working elevator which uses a clever spring friction design, two secret doors, two different weapon racks and a rotating laser cannon.

It includes six mini action figures. An exclusive Sorceress with bonus Zoar accessory plus early mini comic repaints of Teela/Goddess, Skeletor, He-Man, Man at Arms, and Beastman.

motumegagrayskull.JPG

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The inside.

motumegacastleinside.JPG

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Klosterheim
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 23, 2013

That is amazing and impressive. It's an incredible toy.

I really like the interior view of Castle Grayskull the best!

They really made something good.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, now that is impressive! How much is this retailing for?

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Wow, now that is impressive! How much is this retailing for?

Chris
          $250

Cool if you're into bricks.

But the massive MOTUC CG was only $300 when it debuted, so it's a hard pill to swallow for me.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

My daughter just bought the MASSIVE Hogwarts Castle for $400 (she saved her money for nearly a year), and it completely dwarfs this, so yeah, the price seems a little inflated. But on the other hand, my Lego Batman '66 Batcave was $260 or so, so maybe it's not so far off.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I like Lego and MOTU. For someone like me it's a win-win and by Lego standards it is reasonably priced for the complexity and piece count. Also, the MOTUC Grayskull came out six years ago. It's unlikely they would be able to hit that price point anymore.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The downside to the Hogwarts castle (the deluxe, $400 version) is that it's not scaled to the usual mini-figs. It comes with micro figures which look like tiny Lego game pieces. Good job on Mattel and Mega Construx for making this Grayskull compatible to the existing figures in the line.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  But on the other hand, my Lego Batman '66 Batcave was $260 or so, so maybe it's not so far off.
                  The retail price on that was $270. Castle Grayskull is $20 cheaper and has around 1000 more pieces. So it is not really overpriced by Lego standards.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Fair enough. I couldn't remember what the exact price was. I happily forked it over, just as you did for Grayskull, I'm sure.

Does the elevator work? It looks like it does!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

The Lego Batman 66 Batcave is a beautiful set. Has to be like a dream come true for 66 fans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

It is. I love it. Picking it up in person at Disney Springs didn't hurt either. Magical!

Plus, it was a nice Daddy/Daughter project to build.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mr Crowley
                          • Jun 25, 2019

Wow!!!!! I Just Got today some Mega Construx TMNT!!!! Im really digging this little Figures!!!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎