Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your classic indoor Mall favorite stores ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Oh, Newberry's was a great store.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Spawn67
      It had such a unique look and character back in the day but they remodeled it with the white marble tile that pretty much every mall has nowdays.
      So true- I visited the mall of my youth (Oxford Valley Mall) a few years back and was now a bright white, almost hospital-like place. In the 70's and 80's, it was darker with lots of browns, really cool fountains and lots of greenery. There were actual trees around the fountains and planted in little squares of dirt throughout the mall.

This scene from 'Clean and Sober' was shot in the Oxford Valley Mall. The phone is a fake addition, but it puts Keaton smack in the center of the mall. You can see Hickory Farms and Lerner in the background. And a tree!

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

A few more stores that were in my area and mostly were strip mall anchor stores …

Jamesway

Shelby's

Ames

John Wannamaker's

Hess's

Clover

Falk's

Laneco

Rockaway Sales

Two Guys

Grants

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

At one of the malls in my town, the anchor stores were JC Penny, Lazarus, Ben Snyder’s and deJongs (Eastland Mall). The other mall (Washington Square Mall) had Sears and A&P, followed a few years later by L.S. Ayres. All were attached to the mall.

I remember KayBee and Cutlery World being favorites. Cutlery World had a lot of basic martial arts items and many ninja items. They also carried tons of Bruce Lee books. This was the early to mid 80s. So, that was a favorite for me. I also loved the Walden and B. Dalton book stores. In the food court, an Orange Julius was always a favorite.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎