Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME No SPOILERS Allowed (please!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME No SPOILERS Allowed (please!)

All right, True Believers, with SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME set to open next Tuesday, I figured it was go time for threadswebs, spoilery and non-spoilery, to discuss what feels like is going to be another home run for not only MARVEL STUDIOS, but SONY, as well. Plus, we FINALLY get the big-screen debut of Fishbowl Head-ManMYSTERIO! As stated in the title above, THIS thread would be for NON-SPOILERY discussions and reviews.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Fun movie! A great breather after the heavy stuff from Endgame. If you liked Homecoming, you'll like this. The action sequences were actually much better, even!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Looking forward to seeing this either tomorrow or Saturday. Looks like it's going to be a ton of fun, which is what comic book-based movies really should be, shouldn't they?
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Treadwell
        Museum Super Collector
        • Dec 31, 2018

Loved it!
        Only had a bit of less love for two things, which I will elaborate on when we're clear for spoiler talk.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Fun movie! A great breather after the heavy stuff from Endgame.
          Absolutely- fun and nice, needed relief. Great mix of humor and action. I realize some purists may not like the slight diversions from the source, but I feel like Spider-man is growing into this version rather well. I also like the take on MJ.
          Last edited by Wee67; Jul 7, '19, 10:46 PM.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Loved it as well. The entire sold out audience made it fun. Laughter and cheering throughout.
            Loved the music choices except the beginning song but needed for comedy effect.
            I want to see this again.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

You know when you have a huge Thanksgiving Dinner and it's really good, and you're stuffed (Endgame) but then you have a slice of sweet pie with coffee for desert (Far From Home)? And the feast was totally great, but you sort of enjoyed the pie more? Yeah, that's how it is.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

I enjoyed FFH more than Endgame. It wasn't as good as Homecoming, but was still better than all of Garfield's movies and most of Maguire's.

I'm not a huge fan of Spidey to begin with. Miles is my favorite Spider Man. Parker is somewhere around 3rd or 4th favorite.

Anyway, the movie is good. I'd put it on par with the first Ant Man insofar as theme and where I'd rank it among the other Marvel films. Worth a watch.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Tom Holland has said he wants to play Spider Man until he's "Old Man Spider Man".

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by B-Lister
                    I'm not a huge fan of Spidey to begin with.
                    Then why the Spidey avatar?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

The first 15 to 30 minutes are terrible. Once the cringe worthy teeny bopper stuff gives way to action it is a great ride. Lots of fun stuff. Great visuals.

Definitely worth seeing - just show up late (unless you are 11-15 years old). If not for the intro, it would be better than Homecoming.

edit. don't really show up late. you'll miss stuff. but you are warned.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

The teen stuff reminds me of the early Lee/Ditko energy, mixed with the Ultimate stuff, so I don't mind it one bit. It grounds this Spidey in a way the other films only paid lip service to.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎