Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Hey Kids!!! Spoilers HERE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Hey Kids!!! Spoilers HERE!!!!

With SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME set to open next Tuesday, I figured it was go time for threadswebs, spoilery and non-spoilery, to discuss what feels like is going to be another home run for not only MARVEL STUDIOS, but SONY, as well. Plus, we FINALLY get the big-screen debut of Fishbowl Head-ManMYSTERIO! As stated above, THIS thread would be for SPOILERY discussions and reviews.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

saw it with the family tonight. Two after scenes credits. Movie was fun. Spiderman movies have a deffinate different vibe or feel than the Avengers movies. Playing fast and loose with Spidey Cannon is hard for me at times, I have to learn to just sit back and enjoy the movie for what it is. Tom Holland owns this current incarnation of spidey, I just wish they would have put him in New York where he belongs. No more space spidey, no more foreign spidey, just put him in Manhatten...lol

SPoILER

The addition of JJJ at the end of the movie had people cheering.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

This movie is a 10!

So much FUN and humor and charm. I hope they sell a zillion tickets so that they make more and more of these Tom Holland movies. I fear that it will fall under the long shadow of Endgame, and will unfairly be compared to that, analogous to what happened with SOLO to the Last Jedi. This is NOT Endgame style drama. (I actually think I may have enjoyed it more, even though Endgame is probably the 'better movie'). People at my work were either confused about "another" Spider-Man movie, or didn't know there was one. I hope word of mouth and good reviews catapults this so they keep going, because they've cracked the code on Spidey fun/drama/action

They totally got Mysterio right! Unbelievable. Some scenes looked ripped from a Ross Andru or Gil Kane or Steve Ditko page. The teenagers have real chemistry, and are so appealing and endearing.

SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER
      SPOILER

Now that Peter's identity is out, it really changes the character. I hope they can either spin it, or maintain the secret identity somehow. But it's out there. Nothing you wouldn't see on the cover of an old comic, but it looks like the world knows now. I hope they know what they're doing with that. BUT.... the addition of Simmons is MINDBLOWING! I howled with delight, as I did NOT see that coming. I positively squealed in my chair, to the chagrin of the person next to me. Simmons was the best part of the Raimi films, and I can't believe Marvel carried him over. And having the Bugle be more like Breitbart than a print newspaper is a stroke of genius. This should be fun.

Where do you think Fury was going with the Skulls?

Comment

• kept back
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 2, 2002

Look for a Skrull to impersonate Peter with Spider Man, this disproving the Bugle's report. This will make JJJ absolutely insane and possibly lead to the introduction of the Sinister Six.
        Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Talking about the Sinister Six so far we have:

*Vulture
          *Shocker
          *Mysterio (no way he was dead)
          *Chameleon (SHIELD Agent Dimitri?)
          *Prowler - Aaron Davis?
          *The Tinkerer - Phineas Mason
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

What a fun movie! A breath of fresh air after the epic heaviness of Endgame, which I loved for different reasons.

SPOILERS!!!

The JJJ reveal was slightly ruined for me on YouTube last night when I scrolled past Emergency Awesome's "Post End Credit Scene Expained". It showed an image of JKS as JJJ from a Maguire film, but c'mon, I knew where they were going. These youtubers are getting worse about wanting to beat the other guy with click bait, and we moviegoers suffer.

I REALLY hope they fix Peter's secret identity reveal, with Skrulls probably, as kept back mentioned above. I sure hope they don't leave it revealed. Spider-Man is one of those Marvel characters who NEEDS a secret identity. He's angst and convergence of normal life and heroics doesn't work nearly as well, otherwise.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              What a fun movie! A breath of fresh air after the epic heaviness of Endgame, which I loved for different reasons.

SPOILERS
              SPOILERS
              SPOILERS
              SPOILERS
              SPOILERS

I completely agree. It's the perfect dessert to follow the feast that is Endgame. I too hope they keep Peter's secret identity. It's a fun shocker for the end of the movie, but I agree, he needs it.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, it was pretty good overall. Some really impressive action sequences, and the movie's depiction and handling of Mysterio was great.
                Nice to see the old Spider-Sense in action, too. Peter still relies heavily on Stark tech in this one, but as it's pretty central to the movie's plot, it's understandable.
                (The second post-credit sequence answered some questions, too.)
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

What was the second post credit sequence? I wasn't able to stay for it.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by phil
                    What was the second post credit sequence? I wasn't able to stay for it.
                    SPOILERS LINK!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZQKAKUiJKs&app=desktop
                    sigpic

Comment

• Treadwell
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Dec 31, 2018

Loved it!
                      Only had a bit of less love for two things:

1. I wish Peter had stood up for himself more with Fury. Manipulating him and his entire travel group for his purposes is NOT OKAY. That needed to be said.

and 2:

Skrull Fury. I have no problem with Fury having a space version of S.H.I.E.L.D., but "ha, we fooled you the entire movie" switcheroos annoy me.

Comment

• kept back
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 2, 2002

Gee, I hope with Spider Man being painted as a villain to the general public, that no one comes to New York to like...hunt him or anything.
                        Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Treadwell
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Dec 31, 2018

especially not in a cravenly fashion

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Treadwell
                            Loved it!
                            Only had a bit of less love for two things:

1. I wish Peter had stood up for himself more with Fury. Manipulating him and his entire travel group for his purposes is NOT OKAY. That needed to be said.

and 2:

Skrull Fury. I have no problem with Fury having a space version of S.H.I.E.L.D., but "ha, we fooled you the entire movie" switcheroos annoy me.
                            I agree. I loved it, but I also did not like the Skrull Fury reveal. Especially as Fury gives a whole little speech about "5 years ago I knew everything, now I don't know anything"... there was a lot of little things in the performance that don't make sense when you think it is a Skrull. The only part that even hinted to it (correct me if I missed others) was the strong reaction when Peter mentions Captain Marvel.

And while we are quibbling, I also felt the EDITH thing seemed contrived. Especially after Ultron, Tony Stark isn't leaving behind an army of space drones and hoping they don't cause any trouble. And if he learned nothing and built those space drones anyways, why not use them in the climactic fight of Endgame?

A few minor nitpicks in an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable movie.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 8, 2015

"Even in death I am the hero"...

the future is very cosmic indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎