X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on eBay this week

British Boxed Stretch Monster- I have this weird obsession with Stretch Monster yet I've never bought one and I like British toy packages, this is a double whammy for me. I'm seriously considering it?

Automan Action Figure- The show got a half season and disappeared so of course, it got a slew of merchandise in England? Where are my action figures from "A Man Called Sloane" England? ARE YOU LISTENING?

Star Maidens doll- I've spoken about Star Maidens before, it's this weird UK/German space show that shares a lot of lineage with Space:1999. It lasted a single season and got way more merchandise than it should, including these discount store dolls. I'm obsessed with these, the seller has two.

GI Joe Atomic Man in Catalog box- This is the one I don't have and it's so cool how Hasbro went the extra mile with their catalog boxes. Most companies just slapped a sticker on a plain brown xo but these three colour items are like art to me. Arrrghhh! I can't afford this!

Fleetwood Toys Tarzan in the Valley of Dinosaurs- I can't begin to explain how much I love this rack toy. It's like the people of Fleetwood were fans of Burroughs. I want to send this set back to my six-year-old self.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

That Atomic Man box is amazing!!!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, Brian has once again unlocked buried memories. You should be a Memory Therapist or something.

I now recall being obsessed with the styrofoam inner box/tray that the Stretch Monster and/or Stretch Armstrong came in. I hadn't even thought about those things in 40 years, but I recall being almost as obsessed with the styrofoam as I was with the figure. In fact, I think I asked to keep it for a while. I seem to recall it eventually chipped and flaked and my parents pitched it!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

It's pleasing to see that Star Maiden and Captain Zantor shop at the same space boutique.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Also, I like Tarzan's tiny ERB correction sticker which is still incorrect.

Did Fleetwood make that equally cool Phantom jungle set?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Do it Heiler. If you don't at least bid, you know you'll regret it. And it looks to be in great shape.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Stretch Monster was something i wanted but never found, and I love all things Tarzan, Tarzan and Dinosaurs what else could you want? I would have loved having this as a kid.

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

All amazing choices, but how on earth didn't this remarkable UK unicorn not make it to #1 this week?!?! Look at that header card, Mego Astronaut and all.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Oh because I did not see that, amazing.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

^^ It's only the second or third one I've ever seen, best card though, and nearly complete (missing two of the five figure set).

I love that many Apes goodies came out of the UK in mini-scale.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Is it still running?
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

Luv that Blue Suit Zauis. Thank you so much for posting!
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎