Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pod Stallions 71: Summer of 1989

Plaid Stallions Pod Stallions 71: Summer of 1989

We're back with an all-new episode and what better time to wax nostalgic about the summer of 1989 than the 30th anniversary (sigh) of the release of Tim Burton's "Batman".

We get into the Superhero event of the summer along with the "other" comic book movie that season, delve into Star Trek V, Do the Right Thing, The Abyss, Jason Takes Manhattan and of course, the hit of the decade, Young Einstein!

We take a side step into our minimum wage jobs, movie theatres, comic stores and how much i miss my metabolism.

We hope you enjoy.

Please give us spirited debate in our new Facebook group.

PODSTALLIONS ON ITUNES
    PODSTALLIONS RSS FEED

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    When I try either to listen or download, I get an error message saying "Not Found Here."
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for pointing it out, it's been sorted so you should be able to get it now.

Great topic choice! Will listen today.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS:

Images
    I think you guys talked more about Yahoo Serious than Batman.

I graduated HS in 1989....great memories!

-Chris

Images
    Yes, got it now--great show. I remember the fun of going to the theater as these films were released, and I do have a soft spot for Star Trek V.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    I enjoyed it! Yes, that turned out to be the summer of Batman. I remember all of the merchandise for the movie....tons of t-shirts. I barely remember Yahoo Serious.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Our family vacation was a road trip to Denver that summer. Got a toybiz batman at toys r us before we went. got joker along the way. read the novelization as we drove. had some collectors magazine that started my lifelong dream to own an Ideal superqueen Batgirl....got to denver friday afternoon of opening day, theater was packed so we couldn't even sit together. i just sat in amazement. what a great summer

That was a bad Summer for me. I have a hard time hearing nostalgia about it. It just makes me wanna curl up and hide.

Which is weird, because I love all these movies. It's just that thinking about them in the context of that summer makes me uncomfortable.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)