Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Popy WGSH question.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Popy WGSH question.

In addition to Battle Fever J, Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and Gatchaman, Popy released Batman, Superman, and Spiderman.

Were the Popy WGSH on the same body as the Battle Fever J, Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and Gatchaman figures, or was it a Mego body?

What are the 'tells' that a Spidey, Supes, or Bats is a Popy release?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    Blog Entries
    They are pretty much mego style bodies type 2. Nothing different.

Quote Originally Posted by glimpy View Post
    They are pretty much mego style bodies type 2. Nothing different.
    So not the same popy bodies as Kamen Rider, and Ultraman?

So it's pretty much just the boxes that set them apart?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Quote Originally Posted by B-Lister View Post
    So not the same popy bodies as Kamen Rider, and Ultraman?

So it's pretty much just the boxes that set them apart?
    Pretty much. Popy Supes, Bats and Spidey are on normal type 2 bodies, while the rest of the "TV Hero" series are on a different style body. I always wondered why Popy bothered with a new body, as the Mego ones were obviously available to them. I'm not aware of Popy making any other 8" figures where they could have used that body.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Btw, I've noticed Batman's paint on his cowl is darker blue and so is his cape. I don't know if that's the way Japan received them or if it's just a coincidence. Maybe the production Center they dealt with sent them that way.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Is the Japanese Batman head molded in fleshtone? Or is it darker-blue vinyl like the late-release US Batmen?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Darker blue vinyl like the late released.

Thanks for the info.

Here they are... some Popy WGSH family pics

Thanks!

To be quite honest, Bats, Supes, and Spidey are the last Popys I plan to buy. Not that I don't love them, but I want the Japanese characters first.

So, I'm assuming that the only real difference is the Box? These are all just standard Type 2 figures?