Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Plastic Vulcan
    • Apr 25, 2019

Customizing Books

Do these books exist? I'd like to learn how to make molds, castings, painting, sewing clothes, etc. I know that there are videos and written articles available online but I would prefer the instructions in book form. If such a book exists, I would appreciate title(s), ISBNs, author names. Whatever you've got. Thank You.
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

The book "Pop Sculpture" by Tim Bruckner et al. is probably the closest I have seen. That covers sculpting, mold making, etc. but with more of an emphasis on how a professional model or action figure would be created. It is a good book. But its not geared specifically to Mego and does not really address sewing.

I'd also recommend... while I know you are looking for a book... I think there is a lot to be said for reading some of the Customego articles, watching some of the YouTube videos, and then actually trying it on some throwaway project. Come back and ask questions in the forum. Repeat. My first sewing project was a disaster in every way. But I learned so much from just getting some cheap fabric and being prepared to fail a bunch of times. And thanks to the online materials available and the patience of the good people around here, I believe I have gotten better.

Comment

• Plastic Vulcan
      • Apr 25, 2019

Originally posted by sprytel
      The book "Pop Sculpture" by Tim Bruckner et al. is probably the closest I have seen. That covers sculpting, mold making, etc. but with more of an emphasis on how a professional model or action figure would be created. It is a good book. But its not geared specifically to Mego and does not really address sewing.

I'd also recommend... while I know you are looking for a book... I think there is a lot to be said for reading some of the Customego articles, watching some of the YouTube videos, and then actually trying it on some throwaway project. Come back and ask questions in the forum. Repeat. My first sewing project was a disaster in every way. But I learned so much from just getting some cheap fabric and being prepared to fail a bunch of times. And thanks to the online materials available and the patience of the good people around here, I believe I have gotten better.
      Yeah, the articles and videos are great. I just want a resource that can easily be bookmarked, within arms reach and (hopefully) provide a checklist of everything needed while I am attempting to do the task. Maybe I should invest in a tablet. And I requested the Pop Sculpture Book from my local library. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎