Thread: Hallmark Ornaments 2019

Images

Images
    Blog Entries
    darn, you typed Reeves Superman so I was hoping for George.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

I'm loving the Batgirl 66, I need to find the other 66 Batman characters.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekStar View Post
    I'm loving the Batgirl 66, I need to find the other 66 Batman characters.
    Aside from Batman himself, I believe all the other characters, Robin, Catwoman, Joker, and Riddler were "limited quantity" ornaments, which I suspect Batgirl will also be.

I have a love/hate with Hallmark. They captured me back in 1991 with their Starship Enterprise. Since then, it's been a rabbit hole, and I have so many that although I love them all individually, it becomes overwhelming to decorate each year (and take them down) to the point where I enjoy the collection less the more I get. I keep saying I'll stop, and then they zing me with Planet of the Apes, or Batgirl... Things I never imagined they'd make.

If one day they ever make Creepshow characters, that will be my swan song I guess.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS:

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    Aside from Batman himself, I believe all the other characters, Robin, Catwoman, Joker, and Riddler were "limited quantity" ornaments, which I suspect Batgirl will also be.

I have a love/hate with Hallmark. They captured me back in 1991 with their Starship Enterprise. Since then, it's been a rabbit hole, and I have so many that although I love them all individually, it becomes overwhelming to decorate each year (and take them down) to the point where I enjoy the collection less the more I get. I keep saying I'll stop, and then they zing me with Planet of the Apes, or Batgirl... Things I never imagined they'd make.

If one day they ever make Creepshow characters, that will be my swan song I guess.

I hear this. I've gone from getting 3 or 4 every year to maybe one every two years. There's so many that most don't even come out of the box each year. And then when I packed them up after Christmas, I was always scrambling to find the box with the right insert and the baggie and then which kid made such a mess out of all this and then I decided it doesn't matter. Most aren't worth much used, I don't have time when taking down the tree to preserve each one like it's a rare antiquity. So the box gets torn, the insert missing, it breaks, all good.

But I like that Batgirl, too!

Images
    I keep a lot of my non-Holiday specific ornaments up all year long, partially because I don't want to put them up and take them on the tree every year. The Batman '66 ornaments hang nicely from the shelf racks of IKEA's Detolf case, for instance.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif