Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

anyone here bought the rubber batman Halloween mask at Spencer's?
    I actually got mine at Walmart, during Halloween '89 as I recall. It had the bat-flanged shoulder piece and the attached Bat-symbol. A pretty nice replica of the cowl for a really cheap price. About 20 years ago I gave it to a friend to cast a new one off of it, since it had begun to deteriorate, but I never got it back.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Emgee
      • May 5, 2009

In the UK we had a chain of Warner Bros stores for a while in the early-mid '90s. They did some superb DC stuff based on the comics, cartoons and what was then the current BATMAN movies. As part of that range they did a pretty high end Keaton cowl reputedly cast from an original mold which may well be true as it seems perfectly feasible they had access to one and is very authentic. It was £50 and I still have it and thankfully it is in decent condition too despite being around a quarter of a century old.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Wow, nice! I really miss the WB Stores. We only had one near me for a very limited time before the whole chain went out.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Emgee
          • May 5, 2009

They had some really beautiful stuff. From the Hanna Barbera cartoons too. The DC stuff was what always took my eye and they had gorgeous Infantino styled 'Classic' Batman statues, JLA sweat shirts for adults all of really great quality too. Shame they went under.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^The stuff was really affordable too. I have that HUGE Infantino Batman statue, and I think it retailed for $60? You can't get an 8" statue for that nowadays.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• msenger76
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 3, 2009

Originally posted by Emgee
              They had some really beautiful stuff. From the Hanna Barbera cartoons too. The DC stuff was what always took my eye and they had gorgeous Infantino styled 'Classic' Batman statues, JLA sweat shirts for adults all of really great quality too. Shame they went under.
              One of my senior portraits for high school has me wearing a WB store Justice League sweatshirt! my mom hated that outfit choice

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I had the 89' Don Post (I think) full rubber cowl with chest insignia.

Got it at a Halloween costume shop back in the day -- Think I payed like $25 bucks

Was kinda neat - wish I still had it.

Comment

• Emgee
                  • May 5, 2009

Originally posted by msenger76
                  One of my senior portraits for high school has me wearing a WB store Justice League sweatshirt! my mom hated that outfit choice
                  I still have mine. Grey sweat shirt and a classic line-up of the JLA kinda embroidered across the chest. Fantastic quality hence it lasting these years.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I had the 89' Don Post (I think) full rubber cowl with chest insignia.

Got it at a Halloween costume shop back in the day -- Think I payed like $25 bucks

Was kinda neat - wish I still had it.
                    That's the one I had too, Mikey. I couldn't believe I found it at Wal-Mart. I don't recall them ever carrying much Don Post product.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎