X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

My Meet experience 2019 edition

I'm not going to write the novel I probably should so I'll condense what I can.

With the impending medical stuff my wife is facing next month and with all the nonsense the last six months leading up to the Meet I sorely needed to get away for a bit. I really should have gone on Tuesday or Wednesday as I missed on more social time. What's crazy about the Meet and with this particular group is how easily you pick up exactly where you left off the previous year. I'm sure facebook helps with us all staying in touch on often a daily basis, but to see old friends and family in person is good for the soul. Also with this group, there are no outsiders when it comes to the Meet. We had a nice influx of new people and first timers and walk-ins, and to see how everybody embraced them and made them feel welcomed into the fold was refreshing. I don't know of any other groups that operate like that. I guess what I'm trying to say is we're pretty special in regards to openness and inclusiveness.

I had no idea what kind of response we'd have to our RandomNoir figures as custom stuff seems to be quite hit or miss form year to year. I was blown away and very surprised at how these were received. We had eight figures to offer this year and we darn near sold 2/3 of our total inventory. I NEVER expected that, and we sincerely appreciate it. We got a lot of plans for next year and for the remainder of this year. Our table at 2020 will be pretty amazing.

I can't leave out the showruners Steve and Brian for the weekend. From my vantage point it was so smooth and seemless. There may have been some chaos going on behind the scenes but I didn't see or feel any of it. This is the perfect venue in terms of space and accommodations. The Custom Mego Hall of Fame dinner was perfect and the best way to start the weekend festivities.

I'd like to mention individuals here but I know I'll leave some off and that'll just anger me so I'll simply say thank you to everyone at the show for your well-wishes and concerns for Julie during this rough time. It meant the world to me to know she was in your thoughts. Much love to all of you.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

It was my first meet back in years. It was as if no time had passed at all.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

Yep. This year had a special feel with not only newcomers but so many returning faces from years past at the same time. While I had my bad spells for different reasons, it was the first time I felt at ease for an extended period since my father passed once my family members went home. You get a lot of "if you want to talk" but there's no better medicine than actually having people around, keeping things positive. All the well-wishes and condolences were appreciated.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

It really felt like a homecoming to me.

And it made me realize that I truly am a part of this community, and that it's time to start giving back.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

You are always pushing us to do more daring and exciting stuff, and this year by far was a huge scary risk for Random Noir. I'm glad you push us to be better and do better and challenge ourselves in thrilling ways.

Although customs has brought us together since I first arrived at the meet, with your generosity and kindness in sharing your skills and technique with this ol' kit-basher, it's your friendship that I cherish the most. Year in and year out, no matter what either of us are going through, you are as solid and as great a friend as I could ever wish for in this community.

Cheers brother.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by samurainoir
            You are always pushing us to do more daring and exciting stuff, and this year by far was a huge scary risk for Random Noir. I'm glad you push us to be better and do better and challenge ourselves in thrilling ways.

Although customs has brought us together since I first arrived at the meet, with your generosity and kindness in sharing your skills and technique with this ol' kit-basher, it's your friendship that I cherish the most. Year in and year out, no matter what either of us are going through, you are as solid and as great a friend as I could ever wish for in this community.

Cheers brother.
            Totally feel the same way. Yeah, the toys are great and I have fun making our new stuff. Just like you its the fellowship and bonds we've made not only with each other but with the Mego community as a whole that keeps me around. I'd been in a three or four year funk that I feel I'm starting to come out of now, and I hope this continues. I've got all kinds of plans for RandomNoir this year and next, and I couldn't think of anyone I'd like to partner with.

It's great to surround myself with like-minded friends who have become my family. Toys are cool, family is cooler.

Comment

• megojim
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 13, 2001

good to see you sir!!
              My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                Permanent Member
                • Mar 7, 2011

The Toys have become Totally secondary as the years have gone on as I look forward to seeing all my old Family members... It's not over a week already and I'm already chomping at the bit to make reservations for next year. Glad for you and Sam's Success couldn't happen to 2 nicer Brothers!!!

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

it was great seeing your table and the colossal achievement of those figures.
                  That Tiger guy, who I have zero idea who he is, turned out so cool i had to come home with one!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

It was great to see you again Scott, and the stuff you guys had at your table is just flat stunning. Fantastic work. As I said then, best of luck to you and your wife. Your positive attitude in the face of adversity is nothing short of inspiring.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

Always great to see you. The figures you guys made were top notch!!!

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

Thank you Brue. Its a passion project for sure and Ed and I have hit a nice groove with this genre. Next year we will take it up a level...

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎