Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird notice from Brick Seek, Mego figures $6.98 at Target?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

I have been picking up Action Jacksons for 3.88 at the closest Target to my house but today they were on the clearance section with only 2 packs 10.48. All of the 14 '' DC were there Friday and today they were gone . There were no more 8" singles

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

I was in a Target that only had the female peg warmers and they were full price. The description on the Price Checker read:
      STAR WARS MEGO. That did amuse me.

Comment

• SpideyDude73
        • Jul 5, 2019

Got Action Jackson on a really decent card for $3.88 yesterday. Trying to decide if I should pick up the rest and do a body swap on the Mattel Retro Action figs I got for my son to open.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by SpideyDude73
          Got Action Jackson on a really decent card for $3.88 yesterday. Trying to decide if I should pick up the rest and do a body swap on the Mattel Retro Action figs I got for my son to open.
          Mattel heads are opposite of the new MEGO bodies; just so you are prepared for that. You would need to perform some sort of neckectomy in order to use the newer bodies with the Matty RA heads.

Comment

• SpideyDude73
            • Jul 5, 2019

Ahh. Thanks for the... heads up.. lol. Glad I didnt buy them. I'll probably do the vinyl sheet fix I saw somewhere on here.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

IIRC, the online orders were fulfilled by local target stock. Once the stock was loaded online, we were buying them. Wouldn't that explain why so many Targets never had anything new, and the remaining clearance stock is mainly remnants of wave 1?

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

woke up to this today:

*Price Changed From 6.48 to 3.88
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gabriel
                  • Aug 23, 2019

I don't know if this is useful to the discussion, but here's what I've seen.

My local Target had the Mego figures on an endcap facing a main aisle. There were price markings that they were all $12.98 or something. They had two Chekovs, two Peg Bundys, and a meager number of other figures I didn't pay attention to (sorry).

I picked up Chekov. When I rang the figure up, it rang up as $9.99. It also rang up as a Star Wars figure.

Being a Married with Children fan, I decided the next day to go back to the Target and pick up Peg Bundy. I went back and... the endcap was gone. I searched the entire toy section and all the Mego figures had been removed.

I saw a remark elsewhere while browsing these forums that Target is moving them to the "entertainment section?" I didn't look outside the toy section. Next time I visit the store I'll go over to the movie section and see if maybe the Megos have been moved there.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Gabriel
                    I don't know if this is useful to the discussion, but here's what I've seen.

My local Target had the Mego figures on an endcap facing a main aisle. There were price markings that they were all $12.98 or something. They had two Chekovs, two Peg Bundys, and a meager number of other figures I didn't pay attention to (sorry).

I picked up Chekov. When I rang the figure up, it rang up as $9.99. It also rang up as a Star Wars figure.

Being a Married with Children fan, I decided the next day to go back to the Target and pick up Peg Bundy. I went back and... the endcap was gone. I searched the entire toy section and all the Mego figures had been removed.

I saw a remark elsewhere while browsing these forums that Target is moving them to the "entertainment section?" I didn't look outside the toy section. Next time I visit the store I'll go over to the movie section and see if maybe the Megos have been moved there.
                    Or just ask an employee...

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                      woke up to this today:

*Price Changed From 6.48 to 3.88
                      If they are blowing them out storewide, I wish that would happen on the website as well.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

None of my Targets, in a large metropolitan area (about 8 Targets close by) carry Mego anymore. Once they started clearancing them out, they quickly went away. I don't think they all sold either, but were just taken away after a week or so. Not that it mattered much despite the plethora of stores, we never got anything past Wave 1. I keep hearing people talking about picking up Ali and the Wolfman and stuff and clearance and it kinda sucked because we never got them even at full price.

Comment

• Gabriel
                          • Aug 23, 2019

I swung back by the local Target. I asked an employee where the Mego figures might have been moved if they still had them. The employee didn't know and didn't want to deal with me. Pretty much a standard employee for Target. Anyway, I figured I'd probably find it on my own if I looked somewhere other than the toy section. And after wandering to the movie area, I saw the big section loaded with Funko Pops.

They had exactly one Mego figure left. It was a Chekov. It was a duplicate for me, but I picked it up anyway, and it rang up as Star Wars $9.99. They also had some NECA figures. Anything in the section other than the Funko Pops was in extreme disarray. Either the Funkos never got touched or had just been rearranged.

I saw signs that someone had been damaging packaging. It's a trick I started to see back in my late 90s Star Wars fad days. I've seen it off and on since then. I used to see it regularly at Toys R Us until that store closed. I've always wondered if it has been the same jerkwad collector/reseller all these years or just multiple people doing the same thing. Anyway, lots of cards and boxes with very deliberate rips in them to devalue the packaging.

At this point I've ordered online all the new Megos I really want. Dropping by Target was just for duplicates or impulse buys. I guess I'll start swinging by there about once a month to see if there's any change.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎