X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Bruce Lee sculpt

I think that the Bruce Lee figure looks like it was sculpted to be Jackie Chan. Here's the picture of Jackie that I think looks exactly like the new Mego sculpt. I've got a Bruce Lee head that has had the blood details removed, and it is an exact match to this picture. Even the hair looks like the picture, almost exact.
    What do you think?

• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Here's a picture of them together. Now what do you think?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

It looks to me like this is the picture used to sculpt the head. The shadows even almost fall exactly the same across the face.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

I agree in that it looks less like Bruce and more like Jackie.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I think the sculpt looks like a younger Bruce Lee, like when he played Kato, at least through the face. He lost some of that "baby fat" in his face by the time of Enter the Dragon,etc.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

It was intended to be Lee, trust me. Rotational molding sometimes adds a little vagueness to a great sculpt but then again, it always did.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

I think it looks as much like Patrick Duffy as it does either of them.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

I can see what Lonnie is saying, but I definitely see Bruce in the sculpt.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Minus the hair, he's pretty accurate facially to Lee in The Green Hornet.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I like it, to me it sufficiently resembles Lee. It's one of my favorite New Megos. It's still better than 95% of what a competitor churns out.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Agreed. But we also need to consider, MEGO is doing things like they never stopped. Competitors are, in many ways still playing catch up after all these years.

If this figure had come out in 1975, everybody would've flipped their lids, and the likeness would not have even been in question.
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
                        • Oct 15, 2018

I'm not a huge fan of the blood on his face because it limits doing alternate looks with custom outfits. I wonder if they could only license Enter the Dragon, therefore they had to stick to his iconic final battle appearance in the film?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by ObiSeanMEGObi
                          I'm not a huge fan of the blood on his face because it limits doing alternate looks with custom outfits. I wonder if they could only license Enter the Dragon, therefore they had to stick to his iconic final battle appearance in the film?
                          It wipes right off with acetone.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^Just like John-Boy's mole--have used him for some customs. Good point, Lonnie.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
                              • Oct 15, 2018

Thanks for the tip, Lonnie

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍