X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome things on eBay this week

Buck Rogers Lampshade Kit- I can't think of anything that would light up a room better than Pamela Hensley and Erin Gray in this wonderful 3-D piece from the UK. I love it's not the stock art but an original creation.

Incredible Hulk light switch cover- Speaking of lights, this 1970s light switch cover is everything I love about 70s stuff, totally funky and just slightly off model, everybody wins!

Battle of the Planets Keychains- I am really in love with these, they're pricey but honestly, I'd never seen them before a week ago. I'd settle for the Phoenix and yes, it would become my key ring.

Tomland Strawberry Shortcake RipOff- Toymaker Tomland Toys was no stranger to ripping off concepts, I mean these are the people behind the Sonic Man and the Star Raiders but they seemed to have run out of clever the day they named this. Seriously, Redhead? That's lazy Tomland, even for you....

Mattel Slime Monster Game- As a kid completely verboten to have Slime of any kind (Shag Carpeting) I do find the whole concept weirdly alluring. This is the first time I've ever run into the game and had a looksie, now i want it.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

I dig that tomland strawberry ripoff.

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I always loved the intense looks on the kids' faces on all of Mattel's early Slime products. It's the same three kids (and the same shot, really) but it looks like George Lucas was directing the photoshoot. "FASTER AND MORE INTENSE!"

Every single one of them looks like they snorted a pixie stick before they were required to emote.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Robbie Benson's younger brother on the lid of that Slime game looks like he's auditioning for Mr. Sardonicous Jr.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

lol True. But wouldn't the Slime Monster make a great kaiju?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

I got that Slime Monster game for Christmas from my "cool" aunt and uncle. I don't remember playing the actual game very often, but man I played a hell of a lot with that monster and the slime, he was great!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎