Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know what's exciting? The possibility of an OFFICIAL Mego Meet exclusive!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Yes, as folks stated a great idea but as Scott stated the logistics involved would require a major financial undertaking and a logical solution would be making it crowdsource funded.

I, too, agree a great idea and would love to collect these.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

I don't know if we'll ever pull this off, but I do know that concerns about being outwitted by scalpers would not deter us.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Ok, since we've debated distribution, what would you like to see in an official figure? Obviously it would have to be a figure from a license Mego has the rights to. Or a generic release.

Something with mass appeal would really help too. If I were the designer, my first instinct would be Tracksuit Bruce Lee. It would be minimal cost for a new costume and Meet exclusive card. The tooling is already done. Easy peasy.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Surely Tracksuit Bruce Lee will be released as a widespread release, assuming the rights are available.

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

I think a more realistic expectation, if anything comes from this, would be a glow in the dark Bruce Lee. No suits to sew up or tool, just spray on some glow stuff or maybe cast in GiD plastic.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by sprytel
              Surely Tracksuit Bruce Lee will be released as a widespread release, assuming the rights are available.
              I'm just spitballing. You're probably right. But I'm just thinking of logical variants using what's already available.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Random Axe
                I think a more realistic expectation, if anything comes from this, would be a glow in the dark Bruce Lee. No suits to sew up or tool, just spray on some glow stuff or maybe cast in GiD plastic.

You are the last dragon! You possess the power of the glow!

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

How about the current Gorn sculpt in the colors and costume of the vintage Mego Gorn? That would be fun.

Comment

• jimbutsu
                    Memory *is* RAM!
                    • Apr 11, 2002

Working on a pitch for the "jimbutsu and CodeBoy" two-pack. It's... not going well.
                    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Random Axe
                      I thought I was the only person on the planet who wanted a "Ghost of Bruce Lee" Action figure!

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by B-Lister
                        Ok, since we've debated distribution, what would you like to see in an official figure? Obviously it would have to be a figure from a license Mego has the rights to. Or a generic release.

Something with mass appeal would really help too. If I were the designer, my first instinct would be Tracksuit Bruce Lee. It would be minimal cost for a new costume and Meet exclusive card. The tooling is already done. Easy peasy.
                        Or Lt. Leslie for Trek. No new tooling or costuming need be developed. Different color hair and a card with his name on it is all that would be needed.

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

Leslie would be a logical choice.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by B-Lister
                            Leslie would be a logical choice.
                            Most logical, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢