Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You know what's exciting? The possibility of an OFFICIAL Mego Meet exclusive!

We've got scalpers and scammers rubbing off numbers from the blisters trying to get more money for a low number, so yeah I see jeopardy in an exclusive as well. The extra costs of doing an exclusive figure would be pretty high as well, so maybe at the most I could see variant packaging. I just don't see any way scalpers and ebay don't ruin our fun. Plus, the collective efforts of the exclusive custom are magic.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

^^Agreed 100% Why I hate sanctioned exclusives and the only way to get is from scalpers if one can't make the shows. I've relegated to that market since folks I know no longer go to shows with exclusives.

Eh, it was just a thought. I'm certainly not gonna be upset if it never comes to pass, and the custom is king at Mego Meet. Always has been, always will be.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Lister View Post
    but I guess my idea wasn't as fun as I had hoped. Oh well.

don't get me wrong. i love the idea.

it would be great to have our own official Mego. The logistics and pricing are critical. The only way I see this working would be a crowdfunded figure where collectors and Meet attendees have a vested interest in its success. I fear with a super small run it may end up 50 dollars or more, and that's even using existing tooling.

Good thought, though.

Yes, as folks stated a great idea but as Scott stated the logistics involved would require a major financial undertaking and a logical solution would be making it crowdsource funded.

I, too, agree a great idea and would love to collect these.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if we'll ever pull this off, but I do know that concerns about being outwitted by scalpers would not deter us.

Ok, since we've debated distribution, what would you like to see in an official figure? Obviously it would have to be a figure from a license Mego has the rights to. Or a generic release.

Something with mass appeal would really help too. If I were the designer, my first instinct would be Tracksuit Bruce Lee. It would be minimal cost for a new costume and Meet exclusive card. The tooling is already done. Easy peasy.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    Surely Tracksuit Bruce Lee will be released as a widespread release, assuming the rights are available.

I think a more realistic expectation, if anything comes from this, would be a glow in the dark Bruce Lee. No suits to sew up or tool, just spray on some glow stuff or maybe cast in GiD plastic.