Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You know what's exciting? The possibility of an OFFICIAL Mego Meet exclusive!

You know what's exciting? The possibility of an OFFICIAL Mego Meet exclusive!

Mego is back, and they're really banging it out.

To be sure, the heart and soul of Mego Meet is the customs, but wouldn't it be sweet if Mego started doing an OFFICIAL Meet exclusive every year?

I'm not sure something like that is possible, considering the numbers, but the thought came to me, and instantly excited me.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    Hmm. I love the idea, but I also love member made exclusive custom.

Maybe an early release of an upcoming Mego Corp figure with and exclusive note on it?

I know the people who have made Meet exclusives over the years have put lots of time and effort into them. And they are a special part of teh Meet.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Lister View Post
    Mego is back, and they're really banging it out.

To be sure, the heart and soul of Mego Meet is the customs, but wouldn't it be sweet if Mego started doing an OFFICIAL Meet exclusive every year?

I'm not sure something like that is possible, considering the numbers, but the thought came to me, and instantly excited me.

I agree with Brue. Love the member customs and the group effort from members. Makes it more special. Synergy at its finest.

Images
    Cool idea but never a fan of figures that arenít made available to certain ppl (ie: canít make mego Meet for a year so canít buy a figure).
    Early release is a cool idea Iíd support.

Oh, I wouldn't want it to be at the expense of the customs, I was thinking in addition to.

I also am against something so limited non attendees couldn't get it, but I think with this group, that'd never be a problem. Everybody looks out for each other.
    Last edited by B-Lister; Jun 20, '19 at 2:21 PM.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    Exclusives are a guarantee for scalper's turning the Meet into a hit job, exploit every leniency offered and ruin the weekend.

Only way around that would be through the auction. It would look like the end of Trading Places and require a full auction team, but it would be a surefire way of making sure scalpers didn't plunder

It could work in the way of a figure released early and offered to the people of Mego Meet before it hit retailers.

I don't think scalpers would be as big a problem as many fear, but I guess my idea wasn't as fun as I had hoped. Oh well.

As for a prerelease, were is the uniqueness, and exclusivity? I'm not saying don't make it more widely available, but it should be special.
    Last edited by B-Lister; Jun 20, '19 at 3:46 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    Exclusives are a guarantee for scalper's turning the Meet into a hit job, exploit every leniency offered and ruin the weekend.
    The Gi Joe Collector's Club offered (expensive) conventions sets for decades. Sure, there was some scalping on ebay during and after the convention, but the option of preordering a con set and setting quantity limits kept the item "fairly" available.

I'm not saying we should do all that, I like the informality of the meet. But, if a minimum Mego order is possible--500?--and we have attendance data, it seems that adding a registration level that includes a figure is possible without a bloodbath.

Let's suppose that a MM figure is $25.00. Is it reselling for $40-$50 the end of the world? We've tolerated that from big cons like SDCC for years.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Also, if the variation involves merely soft-goods, that's economical indeed.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.