X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Super Rare!

One of the nicest things that goes on at MegoMeet is that the dealer's humour me and allow me to document stuff I can't afford.

Case in point this Official Superman Super Streak by Azrak Hamway, one of the rarest rack toys I've ever come across.

My best guess is these didn't sell well due to the price point, the battery operated items from AHI always seem to have been produced in much lower numbers than stuff like the parachutists.

If you're inclined to purchase this lovely man of steel, you can contact Vintage Toy Rescue but rest assured that $3 price tag is just there for atmosphere.

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

Get the expanded digital edition of Rack Toys here.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

Very neat! Love the card art, too.
    It's all good!

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by RSS
      My best guess is these didn't sell well due to the price point

Price point and, well... its kind of a lame toy. Those cord-connected "remote controls" were OK for cars, but were never that great anywhere else. Also, Supes going back and forth on the ground in a standing position doesn't really recreate the sense of him flying even as well as simply holding your Superman figure in your hand "zooming" him through the air. For me, anyway, this toy would've held a very limited sense of "play-ability." The parachute toys, on the other hand, were hours of fun.

Its rarity, cool card art and general tackiness make it an attractive collectible today, but I think childhood me would be quickly set it aside in favor friction, parachute or dart-shooting toys.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Super Streak huh?

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
          Price point and, well... its kind of a lame toy. Those cord-connected "remote controls" were OK for cars, but were never that great anywhere else. Also, Supes going back and forth on the ground in a standing position doesn't really recreate the sense of him flying even as well as simply holding your Superman figure in your hand "zooming" him through the air. For me, anyway, this toy would've held a very limited sense of "play-ability." The parachute toys, on the other hand, were hours of fun.

Its rarity, cool card art and general tackiness make it an attractive collectible today, but I think childhood me would be quickly set it aside in favor friction, parachute or dart-shooting toys.
          Yeah i was not motivated to purchase it, had it been a Doctor Zaius on there, well that might have haunted me...
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

I've seen the Spidey one but never a Superman one. WOW!

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Oh yeah that's been on eBay for a long time, isn't it priced at 1,500?
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Their table was a thing of beauty, but unfortunately it was all out of my price range. I loved the game with the communist general yelling at his men to shoot Superman.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
                  A Ray of Sunshine
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                  Oh yeah that's been on eBay for a long time, isn't it priced at 1,500?
                  Yeah, if I remember right I saw it on Ebay and the seller was TheSpidermanCollector.net. That guy has EVERYTHING Spiderman. I have the super streak Spiderman figure but not the base. Got it in a lot of stuff years ago.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

A loose Batman is up for grabs right now.

I get a kick out of the $3 sticker that's how toy shows were in the day without research you would never know how rare an item was. I sold a carded Captain America stunt cycle for $25 in the late 90's and never even seen one since.
                    Last edited by Mr.Marion; Jun 21, '19, 1:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎