Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Super Rare!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 9, 2007
    Location
    Outer Spaaaaace
    Posts
    4,487

    Plaid Stallions Super Rare!





    One of the nicest things that goes on at MegoMeet is that the dealer's humour me and allow me to document stuff I can't afford.


    Case in point this Official Superman Super Streak by Azrak Hamway, one of the rarest rack toys I've ever come across.


    My best guess is these didn't sell well due to the price point, the battery operated items from AHI always seem to have been produced in much lower numbers than stuff like the parachutists.


    If you're inclined to purchase this lovely man of steel, you can contact Vintage Toy Rescue but rest assured that $3 price tag is just there for atmosphere.



    Don't forget to join our new facebook group.








    Get the expanded digital edition of Rack Toys here.



    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com


    More...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 17, 2008
    Location
    Out there...That-a-way!
    Posts
    4,792
    Images
    51
    Very neat! Love the card art, too.
    Mego...Re-Mego...It's all good!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2, 2002
    Location
    down in the paneled rec room
    Posts
    9,532
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    My best guess is these didn't sell well due to the price point

    Price point and, well... its kind of a lame toy. Those cord-connected "remote controls" were OK for cars, but were never that great anywhere else. Also, Supes going back and forth on the ground in a standing position doesn't really recreate the sense of him flying even as well as simply holding your Superman figure in your hand "zooming" him through the air. For me, anyway, this toy would've held a very limited sense of "play-ability." The parachute toys, on the other hand, were hours of fun.

    Its rarity, cool card art and general tackiness make it an attractive collectible today, but I think childhood me would be quickly set it aside in favor friction, parachute or dart-shooting toys.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 15, 2014
    Posts
    2,045
    Images
    1
    Super Streak huh?
    https://youtu.be/XtzoUu7w-YM

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 15, 2001
    Location
    My Pants
    Posts
    55,840
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post
    Price point and, well... its kind of a lame toy. Those cord-connected "remote controls" were OK for cars, but were never that great anywhere else. Also, Supes going back and forth on the ground in a standing position doesn't really recreate the sense of him flying even as well as simply holding your Superman figure in your hand "zooming" him through the air. For me, anyway, this toy would've held a very limited sense of "play-ability." The parachute toys, on the other hand, were hours of fun.

    Its rarity, cool card art and general tackiness make it an attractive collectible today, but I think childhood me would be quickly set it aside in favor friction, parachute or dart-shooting toys.
    Yeah i was not motivated to purchase it, had it been a Doctor Zaius on there, well that might have haunted me...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 17, 2001
    Location
    NE Tennessee
    Posts
    10,392
    Images
    16
    I've seen the Spidey one but never a Superman one. WOW!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 15, 2001
    Location
    My Pants
    Posts
    55,840
    Blog Entries
    8
    Oh yeah that's been on eBay for a long time, isn't it priced at 1,500?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 7, 2004
    Location
    Cynthiana, KY...of Earth 2!
    Posts
    28,813
    Images
    103
    Their table was a thing of beauty, but unfortunately it was all out of my price range. I loved the game with the communist general yelling at his men to shoot Superman.

    Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 17, 2001
    Location
    NE Tennessee
    Posts
    10,392
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Oh yeah that's been on eBay for a long time, isn't it priced at 1,500?
    Yeah, if I remember right I saw it on Ebay and the seller was TheSpidermanCollector.net. That guy has EVERYTHING Spiderman. I have the super streak Spiderman figure but not the base. Got it in a lot of stuff years ago.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 15, 2014
    Posts
    2,045
    Images
    1
    A loose Batman is up for grabs right now.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-Very-RA...-/133087858208

    I get a kick out of the $3 sticker that's how toy shows were in the day without research you would never know how rare an item was. I sold a carded Captain America stunt cycle for $25 in the late 90's and never even seen one since.
    Last edited by Mr.Marion; Jun 21, '19 at 1:31 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •