Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what did you come home with?

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I did a video
    This reminds of the kid in class who would go above and beyond with their class project or presentation. Always had mad respect for these kids. I became one of them.

Great stuff, Brian!

I splurged this year.

However, I have an interesting story...
    When it comes to getting a custom figure, I don't do it with the notion I can flip it for profit. I buy because I want that constant reminder of the person(s) who made it.

So - James Brady and Dave Mc - Trek.
    I foolishly, and regretted nearly instantly, sold my carded Salt Vampire and Orion Slave girl a number of years ago...regretting it quite a bit.
    As I made it a point to try and hit everyone's table this year, I came across those very two figures! The second I spotted them, I knew they were the exact two I had sold from my collection. Seller was gracious to deal with me and even sold me a loose Brady/DaveMC Gorn on Hulk body! (now I have two gorns!!!)

At the very end of the day Saturday, that rascal Berto is loading up and somehow we all start joking about the boxed Wayne Foundation he didn't sell...well, It ended up in my hands instead of his cart lol. We set it up in the MegoSuite that night and had some fun!

The below photo is the loot from what me and The Boy came home with.
    Would have even been more, but I got outbid on soooooooo much stuff in the Auction...

and to think....the only thing i told The Boy I hoped to see was a random carded vintage McCoy figure...and low and behold, I saw only one and I bought it.

IMG_9140.jpg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noelani72 View Post
    I splurged this year.

However, I have an interesting story...
    When it comes to getting a custom figure, I don't do it with the notion I can flip it for profit. I buy because I want that constant reminder of the person(s) who made it.

So - James Brady and Dave Mc - Trek.
    I foolishly, and regretted nearly instantly, sold my carded Salt Vampire and Orion Slave girl a number of years ago...regretting it quite a bit.
    As I made it a point to try and hit everyone's table this year, I came across those very two figures! The second I spotted them, I knew they were the exact two I had sold from my collection. Seller was gracious to deal with me and even sold me a loose Brady/DaveMC Gorn on Hulk body! (now I have two gorns!!!)

At the very end of the day Saturday, that rascal Berto is loading up and somehow we all start joking about the boxed Wayne Foundation he didn't sell...well, It ended up in my hands instead of his cart lol. We set it up in the MegoSuite that night and had some fun!

The below photo is the loot from what me and The Boy came home with.
    Would have even been more, but I got outbid on soooooooo much stuff in the Auction...

and to think....the only thing i told The Boy I hoped to see was a random carded vintage McCoy figure...and low and behold, I saw only one and I bought it.

IMG_9140.jpg

Happy to see it go to a GREAT home. I wish I had gotten enough time to see everything...and I didn't. I missed out on the Perseus figure and a whole bunch of other stuff. Maybe next year I come as an observer and collector....I really am contemplating this.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

You lucky ducks! Great haul. Keep'em coming. Good to see the toy eye candy.

I came to the meet wanting to finish a custom of the second Doctor and hoping to find a CTVtoys 3 Stooges Moe for the portrait. Sadly, I did not see any Stooges on tables this year. They might have been there, but I missed them. So my Pat Troughton Doctor is going to have to wait.

I did trade for a great Mego Meet shirt from Hulk, and I picked up a Super Joe outfit I was missing, so now my AA Super Joe won't feel so chilly. On a whim, I picked up an Ultraman head, but missed out on the ready sewn outfits, so that project will probably have to get in the queue behind the Doctor. I think the coolest thing I brought home was a drawing of Art's grandma (or great-grandma) and the fantastic memories of our conversation about her and the four corners area in NM and CO.

Great scores from all the above posters and congrats on all that everyone brought back to your collections.
    Those McDunsel items are awesome. Cool to see them come back in a circle. Someone needs to make a display of those for a future meet.

Images
    Old school I scored a MOC Kirk, a mint Kid Flash and a mint T2 Riddler. Very happy.

Also got 3 very mint and very complete Rainfall Bible great figures. Wasn't looking for them but Berto is the master seller.

Added the awesome Space Helmet and WHAMM!! sign from LaserMego.

Got my new Mego fix from Chad with the 14" Aquaman and the Trek set.

Also got a lot of custom stuff from Austin and David Lee.

I'll try and get a picture shortly.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

The blowmold and windup robot were finds from the trip down, everything else was from the meet.