Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what did you come home with?

So what did you come home with?

My haul:
    meethaul.jpg

A bunch of custom fodder. A Mego Uhura and a Diamond one for the red uniforms and bodies for customs. Parts and heads. Glow bodies for Mad Monsters (took the glow bodies, stuck the actual Mego monster heads on them, used the costumes from the CTVT figures and a few Mego parts for the Ultimate Monsters. The new monster hands are the best I've ever seen in this style of figure). Four nigh pristine Little Rascals/Our Gang figures (been looking to get some of the old Mego stuff I know there's no chance of seeing a re-release/re-Mego of, and this line is at the top of that list). More apes coming using the parts I've got there to go with the wagon and catapult (put up a new apes display to accommodate those). Deciding whether to rearrange the DC Mego/re-Mego bookshelf for the Super Friends meeting table and chairs, or set up a separate display for that. I know soon I'll be going down a "make some custom spacemen/women" rabbit hole with the LaserMego helmets and jet packs. Three nice pocket heroes to go with the four I ran across cleaning stuff out recently. Some of the heads from Austin's table from Mike Barrett; gotta do something special with at least one of those. Cool spooky figure from Castaway; have to charge him up to see the glow skeleton pattern on him tonight. I did great, though my wallet may have issues with that statement...

Blog Entries
    I did a video

Awesome Stuff Guys, my stuff is still packed, I'm hoping to get to it this week to show pics.

I didn't get much this year, tbh. I was only there Friday. I was in full on Tokutaku/Sentai mode, so here's my haul:

368FAEF0-29C0-43E2-AEFF-43E51C588F25.jpg

There is one other figure I wanted, but my con budget didn't allow for it, but I'm hoping to get in touch with the seller, to pick it up.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    Very light year BUT I have something huge coming from eBay as well as the signed Mego Corp banner I won in the customs auction.

2pickups by Mike Parker, on Flickr

1pickups by Mike Parker, on Flickr

Images
    Blog Entries
    Completely unexpected, but RCHE was very kind to sell me a Lily Ledy 12" Vader with a unique looking custom outfit. Very grateful to have such a fun conversation piece in my collection.

Got a vintage blow mold Spider-man Halloween bucket from Justin. Wish I had come by his table earlier, since he said he had sold The Thing already (anyone here score that one?)

Found a Captain Action Batman Suit (with sticker), cowl/mask, and boots in pretty good condition at Big Fun, the collectible toy shop in Columbus a few of us visited as a Mego Meet field trip on Friday.

Images
    Let's see, New Mego Nosferatu, Freddy Kruger, Invisible Man, red-caped Dracula and Bruce Lee (which my daughter gave me after she won it in the kids custom contest). A nice SMDM figure with engine block. A Captain America Pocket Book reprint digest. A set of Pin Mates I won in the raffle. Vintage Halloween Pumpkin lantern and flashlight. Mego Kirk and McCoy 3.75" TMP figures. A cool Snake-Eyes like figure Jason had made. Two Post cereal premium DC comics.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Oh, and Cindy got a 14" Mego Wonder Woman from Dani winning the kids' raffle. She was very generous to Mom and Dad!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I did a video
    Great stuff!

I did not get a good bye hug.

Images
    ^I got a handshake. Not much of a hugger.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    Neither am I but every year I seem to add more.