• Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

So what did you come home with?

My haul:
    meethaul.jpg

A bunch of custom fodder. A Mego Uhura and a Diamond one for the red uniforms and bodies for customs. Parts and heads. Glow bodies for Mad Monsters (took the glow bodies, stuck the actual Mego monster heads on them, used the costumes from the CTVT figures and a few Mego parts for the Ultimate Monsters. The new monster hands are the best I've ever seen in this style of figure). Four nigh pristine Little Rascals/Our Gang figures (been looking to get some of the old Mego stuff I know there's no chance of seeing a re-release/re-Mego of, and this line is at the top of that list). More apes coming using the parts I've got there to go with the wagon and catapult (put up a new apes display to accommodate those). Deciding whether to rearrange the DC Mego/re-Mego bookshelf for the Super Friends meeting table and chairs, or set up a separate display for that. I know soon I'll be going down a "make some custom spacemen/women" rabbit hole with the LaserMego helmets and jet packs. Three nice pocket heroes to go with the four I ran across cleaning stuff out recently. Some of the heads from Austin's table from Mike Barrett; gotta do something special with at least one of those. Cool spooky figure from Castaway; have to charge him up to see the glow skeleton pattern on him tonight. I did great, though my wallet may have issues with that statement...
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I did a video
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

Awesome Stuff Guys, my stuff is still packed, I'm hoping to get to it this week to show pics.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

I didn't get much this year, tbh. I was only there Friday. I was in full on Tokutaku/Sentai mode, so here's my haul:

368FAEF0-29C0-43E2-AEFF-43E51C588F25.jpg

There is one other figure I wanted, but my con budget didn't allow for it, but I'm hoping to get in touch with the seller, to pick it up.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

Very light year BUT I have something huge coming from eBay as well as the signed Mego Corp banner I won in the customs auction.

2pickups by Mike Parker, on Flickr

1pickups by Mike Parker, on Flickr

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Completely unexpected, but RCHE was very kind to sell me a Lily Ledy 12" Vader with a unique looking custom outfit. Very grateful to have such a fun conversation piece in my collection.

Got a vintage blow mold Spider-man Halloween bucket from Justin. Wish I had come by his table earlier, since he said he had sold The Thing already (anyone here score that one?)

Found a Captain Action Batman Suit (with sticker), cowl/mask, and boots in pretty good condition at Big Fun, the collectible toy shop in Columbus a few of us visited as a Mego Meet field trip on Friday.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Let's see, New Mego Nosferatu, Freddy Kruger, Invisible Man, red-caped Dracula and Bruce Lee (which my daughter gave me after she won it in the kids custom contest). A nice SMDM figure with engine block. A Captain America Pocket Book reprint digest. A set of Pin Mates I won in the raffle. Vintage Halloween Pumpkin lantern and flashlight. Mego Kirk and McCoy 3.75" TMP figures. A cool Snake-Eyes like figure Jason had made. Two Post cereal premium DC comics.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Oh, and Cindy got a 14" Mego Wonder Woman from Dani winning the kids' raffle. She was very generous to Mom and Dad!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                I did a video
                Great stuff!

I did not get a good bye hug.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I got a handshake. Not much of a hugger.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Neither am I but every year I seem to add more.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                      I did a video
                      This reminds of the kid in class who would go above and beyond with their class project or presentation. Always had mad respect for these kids. I became one of them.

Great stuff, Brian!

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

I splurged this year.

However, I have an interesting story...
                        When it comes to getting a custom figure, I don't do it with the notion I can flip it for profit. I buy because I want that constant reminder of the person(s) who made it.

So - James Brady and Dave Mc - Trek.
                        I foolishly, and regretted nearly instantly, sold my carded Salt Vampire and Orion Slave girl a number of years ago...regretting it quite a bit.
                        As I made it a point to try and hit everyone's table this year, I came across those very two figures! The second I spotted them, I knew they were the exact two I had sold from my collection. Seller was gracious to deal with me and even sold me a loose Brady/DaveMC Gorn on Hulk body! (now I have two gorns!!!)

At the very end of the day Saturday, that rascal Berto is loading up and somehow we all start joking about the boxed Wayne Foundation he didn't sell...well, It ended up in my hands instead of his cart lol. We set it up in the MegoSuite that night and had some fun!

The below photo is the loot from what me and The Boy came home with.
                        Would have even been more, but I got outbid on soooooooo much stuff in the Auction...

and to think....the only thing i told The Boy I hoped to see was a random carded vintage McCoy figure...and low and behold, I saw only one and I bought it.

IMG_9140.jpg

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                          Banned
                          • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by noelani72
                          I splurged this year.

However, I have an interesting story...
                          When it comes to getting a custom figure, I don't do it with the notion I can flip it for profit. I buy because I want that constant reminder of the person(s) who made it.

So - James Brady and Dave Mc - Trek.
                          I foolishly, and regretted nearly instantly, sold my carded Salt Vampire and Orion Slave girl a number of years ago...regretting it quite a bit.
                          As I made it a point to try and hit everyone's table this year, I came across those very two figures! The second I spotted them, I knew they were the exact two I had sold from my collection. Seller was gracious to deal with me and even sold me a loose Brady/DaveMC Gorn on Hulk body! (now I have two gorns!!!)

At the very end of the day Saturday, that rascal Berto is loading up and somehow we all start joking about the boxed Wayne Foundation he didn't sell...well, It ended up in my hands instead of his cart lol. We set it up in the MegoSuite that night and had some fun!

The below photo is the loot from what me and The Boy came home with.
                          Would have even been more, but I got outbid on soooooooo much stuff in the Auction...

and to think....the only thing i told The Boy I hoped to see was a random carded vintage McCoy figure...and low and behold, I saw only one and I bought it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25710[/ATTACH]

Happy to see it go to a GREAT home. I wish I had gotten enough time to see everything...and I didn't. I missed out on the Perseus figure and a whole bunch of other stuff. Maybe next year I come as an observer and collector....I really am contemplating this.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                            Permanent Member
                            • Mar 7, 2011

The Bronx Haul part 1

99E04186-F66F-4CA7-A9CE-4F23498595F3.jpg
                            E5B4D13F-33D3-4B06-86C3-C952F34F4071.jpg
                            FDFFF096-B2AF-40B7-AD97-2FF328470000.jpg
                            380BEDBA-9E77-4E05-86DE-0F8D6CEE7C5D.jpg
                            1E2F72AB-7E98-4BF2-AECD-21D93BA51862.jpg

Comment

• Bronxboykev