X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Cosplay this year!

I really enjoyed the cosplay at this year's meet--Batman, Tarzan, Isis, Captain Ohio, Mego Klingons, a terrific Soldier Ape, some GOONS, and probably some more I missed.

I think it added an additional zing! to the meet without being distracting. At least I hope so.

And Brue--thanks!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

No. Thank you.

It's not cosplay. It is real.

And Logan was there.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

lol True.

And yes, I forgot Logan.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Thanks Brue, Lilly, and Scott/PNGwynne for recruiting me for your group cosplay. It was fun. I'll bring black pants next year. 8)
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Let's see some pics!

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

I was really impressed by the creativity of the costumes. We didn't just have someone dressed as Isis; we had someone dressed as MEGO Isis, right down to the tiara being painted on. It was fantastic seeing the folks dressed up, and the "Batman vs. the Grand Order of Occidental Nighthawks" battle we saw was great. Got some video of that I need to upload to YouTube. Only thing I regret is that I didn't get a shot of Mego Tarzan complete with his flesh colored bodysuit. It made a fun event even more enjoyable.
            isis1.jpgklingons1.jpgcaptain1.jpgheroes1.jpggoon1.jpg
            Last edited by scott metzger; Jun 18, '19, 8:25 AM.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

A few more pics:
              logan1.jpggoon2.jpggoon3.jpggoon4.jpg

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by samurainoir
                Thanks Brue, Lilly, and Scott/PNGwynne for recruiting me for your group cosplay. It was fun. I'll bring black pants next year. 8)
                Thanks for doing it! And I will gladly do a GOON encore if you bring your uniform next year.

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by scott metzger
                  I was really impressed by the creativity of the costumes. We didn't just have someone dressed as Isis; we had someone dressed as MEGO Isis, right down to the tiara being painted on. It was fantastic seeing the folks dressed up, and the "Batman vs. the Grand Order of Occidental Nighthawks" battle we saw was great. Got some video of that I need to upload to YouTube. Only thing I regret is that I didn't get a shot of Mego Tarzan complete with his flesh colored bodysuit. It made a fun event even more enjoyable.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]25689[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25690[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25691[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25692[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25693[/ATTACH]
                  I was only in the Mego Tarzan suit for 15 or 20 minutes. I would have worn it an hour plus. But I had to race home to get stuff I forgot.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

I'd have done my X-Men cosplay, but it was just too hot.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

We may have to have to add a costume contest next year!
                      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                        Permanent Member
                        • Mar 7, 2011

Mego Isis Was Lonnies Daughter, Shame on me for forgetting her name... Lonnie if you read this give her a well deserved shout out!!!

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by pmwasson
                          We may have to have to add a costume contest next year!
                          It is surprising how many people were in costume. I don't think we need a contest. But I would support a contest if it was informal, based on dealer room presence and attendee opinion rather than a sit down separate room thing. Or maybe just a participant award for people dressed up. I have a couple dozen soccer trophies left over from the City Rec Center soccer league.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I"m not very competitive, but I'm particular and I've been mulling upgrading another couple of villains for years. MegoMeet is a fun incentive to do those, though it's time-consuming (and hot).

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Looking good everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡