Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cosplay this year!

Images
    Blog Entries

Cosplay this year!

I really enjoyed the cosplay at this year's meet--Batman, Tarzan, Isis, Captain Ohio, Mego Klingons, a terrific Soldier Ape, some GOONS, and probably some more I missed.

I think it added an additional zing! to the meet without being distracting. At least I hope so.

And Brue--thanks!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    No. Thank you.

It's not cosplay. It is real.

And Logan was there.

Images
    Blog Entries
    lol True.

And yes, I forgot Logan.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Brue, Lilly, and Scott/PNGwynne for recruiting me for your group cosplay. It was fun. I'll bring black pants next year. 8)

Let's see some pics!

I was really impressed by the creativity of the costumes. We didn't just have someone dressed as Isis; we had someone dressed as MEGO Isis, right down to the tiara being painted on. It was fantastic seeing the folks dressed up, and the "Batman vs. the Grand Order of Occidental Nighthawks" battle we saw was great. Got some video of that I need to upload to YouTube. Only thing I regret is that I didn't get a shot of Mego Tarzan complete with his flesh colored bodysuit. It made a fun event even more enjoyable.
    isis1.jpgklingons1.jpgcaptain1.jpgheroes1.jpggoon1.jpg
    Last edited by scott metzger; Jun 18, '19 at 8:25 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samurainoir View Post
    Thanks Brue, Lilly, and Scott/PNGwynne for recruiting me for your group cosplay. It was fun. I'll bring black pants next year. 8)
    Thanks for doing it! And I will gladly do a GOON encore if you bring your uniform next year.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I was really impressed by the creativity of the costumes. We didn't just have someone dressed as Isis; we had someone dressed as MEGO Isis, right down to the tiara being painted on. It was fantastic seeing the folks dressed up, and the "Batman vs. the Grand Order of Occidental Nighthawks" battle we saw was great. Got some video of that I need to upload to YouTube. Only thing I regret is that I didn't get a shot of Mego Tarzan complete with his flesh colored bodysuit. It made a fun event even more enjoyable.
    isis1.jpgklingons1.jpgcaptain1.jpgheroes1.jpggoon1.jpg
    I was only in the Mego Tarzan suit for 15 or 20 minutes. I would have worn it an hour plus. But I had to race home to get stuff I forgot.

I'd have done my X-Men cosplay, but it was just too hot.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)