X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Mego Stan Lee!!

We have an actual Mego Stan Lee figure coming in the future. I'm excited for that!
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Can we get a Jack Kirby too?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

Very interesting.i have the ftc stan.an official mego is welcomed to join him.i am in.

Comment

• danadoll
        Micronaut Nut!
        • Apr 11, 2005

Yes!!!
        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

I'll be buying Stan, but I sincerely hope we get Jack at least, if not Steve.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I'm sure they won't be doing comic artists. Stan Lee has quite a following and a lot of figures already. I'm not sure artists would have the same success. The general population has no clue who Jack and Steve are.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

How cool would it be to get Stan in a two pack with a Marvel Hero? probably not going to happen, but heck we can probably do that ourselves.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                I'm sure they won't be doing comic artists. Stan Lee has quite a following and a lot of figures already. I'm not sure artists would have the same success. The general population has no clue who Jack and Steve are.
                Which is sad because Jack created a lot of the stuff Stan gets credit for.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  I think you are underestimating the general public there. If they know who Stan is they know Jack Kirby, too. Ditko maybe not as much.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

I feel the general public knows Stan as the cameo guy in the Marvel movies who created all the characters and they wouldn’t know Jack Kirby in the least and couldn’t pick him out of a lineup.

The best character Stan Lee created was Stan Lee. That’s who the public knows.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MRP
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2016

If they made Stan, Jack and Steve, I'd set up a diorama of the three, cheerleader pyramid style, with Stan standing on the shoulders of Jack and Steve.

-M
                      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by MRP
                        If they made Stan, Jack and Steve, I'd set up a diorama of the three, cheerleader pyramid style, with Stan standing on the shoulders of Jack and Steve.

-M
                        Same. People saying Jack doesn't deserve as much as Stan sadden me, especially when Stan had nothing to do with a lot of the characters he gets credit for.

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

I believe the Stan figure is possible because of the deal for Lee's characters. Still, if the likeness is like the Cheers figures, he'll be amazing, and definitely will be taking the place of the FTC Stan in my Marvel re-Mego display. I saw the head at the Meet, but not close enough to really tell how good it was. I know it looked like Stan the Man, but how much like him was hard to tell with 56 year old eyes. Anyone have an inside scoop on who sculpted it?

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Uh oh, the Stan & Jack can of worms has been opened again!

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                            I feel the general public knows Stan as the cameo guy in the Marvel movies who created all the characters and they wouldn’t know Jack Kirby in the least and couldn’t pick him out of a lineup.

The best character Stan Lee created was Stan Lee. That’s who the public knows.
                            I agree with this (that's a great line about Stan Lee's best created character being Stan Lee!). Making Stan Lee & Jack Kirby figures is like making figures of Elton John & Bernie Taupin. Maybe it's not the best analogy, but if I am the general public, I probably will buy Elton John and Google Bernie Taupin.

Interesting that Mego is hitting on more and more figures already done by FTC. First KISS, then DC and now Stan Lee. I have one of the FTC Stan Lee's which is nice. There is a good chance that I guy Mego's Stan Lee too.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

I wanted to order the Stan Lee figure from FTC but at the time I just could spend that much for a whim figure. Now I can get one for half the price, I like that idea.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎