X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spawn67
    Career Member
    • Aug 14, 2009

Blacklight Posters...

Did you have or still have any Blacklight Posters from the 70's and 80's?
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Third Eye's Marvel posters are a grail of mine. Especially Silver Surfer and Doctor Strange.

I have a Star Wars one from the 90s, featuring the Rebo Band.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

I had a KISS one when I was a kid but it's sadly gone. And yeah, those Third Eye Marvel ones are awesome. A local shop has a couple of them for sale, but they are among the lesser posters in the series IMO, so I can't convince myself to pay the $400 or so that they are asking for each.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

I WISH I still had my black light KISS poster. I would absolutely eBay it away for some Mego money
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

As a kid I have the pinkish Kiss blacklight poster where their heads were in a diamond shape. I had the Third Eye Marvel Cap poster. Those things are high dollar! The Third Eye blacklight cards are fairly reasonable

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Nice, that Cap poster is one of the better ones in the set.

Comment

• tay666
              Career Member
              • Dec 27, 2008

I still have several, though I have not displayed any of them in decades.

Lets see
              Grim Reaper on flaming horse
              Iron Maiden Trooper
              A black panther laying on a branch
              and I know I have one other, but cannot remember what it is right now.
              I also have a black-velvet framed piece of a devil sitting on a toilet.

I still use the blacklight every halloween, and it still has the original fluorescent tube from like 1981/

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by tay666
                I still have several, though I have not displayed any of them in decades.

Lets see
                Grim Reaper on flaming horse
                Iron Maiden Trooper
                A black panther laying on a branch
                and I know I have one other, but cannot remember what it is right now.
                I also have a black-velvet framed piece of a devil sitting on a toilet.

I still use the blacklight every halloween, and it still has the original fluorescent tube from like 1981/
                I think I had that black panther on a branch poster as a kid. I got it through the sales kit we used to do as a fundraiser at the Catholic elementary school I attended in 4th and 5th grade (circa '77-'79). IT was the only blacklight poster I had as a kid, though my cousin had a bunch and I would beg him to use the black light every time we visited.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Marvelmania
                  A Ray of Sunshine
                  • Jun 17, 2001

I got an old Black Panther cat bl poster and got these a few years ago at a yard sale. I was buying an old stereo and saw them on the wall. Got them of $1 a piece. All are dated "72 -"74. They're a little rough but still nice to display

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by MRP
                    IT was the only blacklight poster I had as a kid, though my cousin had a bunch and I would beg him to use the black light every time we visited.
                    Heh, I remember my older cousin had tons of blacklight posters in his bedroom, plus a lot of designs on his walls using blacklight paint (including footprints on the ceiling). I also think he was smoking "the pot".

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      ... I also think he was smoking "the pot".
                      lol Starfire
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
                        I also think he was smoking "the pot".
                        It's funny how as a teen I thought smoking weed was the mark of a degenerate, and now as I near my 40s, it is my primary medication for anxiety and PTSD.

It's even funnier that I keep my stash inside an old blowmold Spider Man halloween pail.
                        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                          As a kid I have the pinkish Kiss blacklight poster where their heads were in a diamond shape. I had the Third Eye Marvel Cap poster. Those things are high dollar! The Third Eye blacklight cards are fairly reasonable

Sweet set-up. Did you keep anything after you sold off your collection?

Comment

• Marvelmania
                            A Ray of Sunshine
                            • Jun 17, 2001

A few things, mostly comic art, posters and glassware

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by B-Lister
                              It's funny how as a teen I thought smoking weed was the mark of a degenerate, and now as I near my 40s, it is my primary medication for anxiety and PTSD.

It's even funnier that I keep my stash inside an old blowmold Spider Man halloween pail.
                              Nice to finally see its use being normalized (and rightfully legal) here in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎