X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: My Mego Meet Haul

I've just returned from my favourite toy convention of all time, Mego Meet and please excuse the sleepy voice but I haven't had much sleep!

Thought it would be fun to go over the various items I picked up at this weekend's festivities, stuff from Planet of the apes, the Monster Squad, Stretch Armstrong, Godzilla, Kolchak the Night Stalker and hey I even bought a Mego figure from Buck Rogers.

PlaidStallions Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/Plaidstallionsdotcom/

Plaidstallions facebook group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2226244254053126/For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Fantastic vlog. It'll be a while before I come down off the Mego Meet high.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

This popped up on my TV this afternoon. It’s so much fun.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Glad ya got a Stretch Monster head. If u were half as excited as I was when I got mine, then it’s pretty cool.
        I glued mine to a 12” Hulk body and gave him a pair of trunks.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

That Syowa sketchbook that Swanky posted/sold is a gem; congrats!!!

BTW, they did several and remain largely undocumented (with other Japanese ephemera) in the POTA collectibles realm, so sharing a nice pic of the cover(s) would be awesome.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Great stuff! I wish I could have seen your reaction to the bop-bag.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Confessional
              That Syowa sketchbook that Swanky posted/sold is a gem; congrats!!!
              That sketchbook was magical, it was full of kaiju manga drawn by a little Japanese kid back in the 70's. Priceless! (plus the gorgeous painted cover ain't half bad either)

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Wonder if the kid ever became a mangaka?
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

Twiki is my favorite. But that bop bag is real cool considering the story attached.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                    SynthoRes Transmigrator
                    • Oct 24, 2007

Great haul! That DD Kolchak is awesome. That Twiki on card brings back so many fond memories.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I waffled on the Haunted House, but I'm glad to see it got a good home. I did get the little pumpkin lantern form Justin, and he nicely threw in a vintage pumpkin flashlight.

I need to make sure to get over to the room on Friday night next year. I just missed it!

Great video, and great haul! The Monster Squad box and Stretch Monster head were wonderful gestures.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• tay666
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 27, 2008

Sounds like a great time.
                        Your description of Mego Meet sounds like how I would describe Wonderfest, down in Louisville (which just happened a couple weeks ago, and is also the reason I will probably never make it to Mego Meet. Too close together)
                        After 18 years of attending, the show itself is almost incidental. It's more about meeting up with old friends, and making some new ones. Cruising the dealers room is a hell of an added bonus though.
                        It also attracts a few vintage toy sellers.

Those blow molds are outstanding. I would love to have those myself.
                        Don't run across too many in the wild around here though.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎