X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

Star Trek Head Shrinks

I didn't know if this should be posted in the MEGO Mall or Marketplace or here. I was wondering if anyone offers casts of shrunken Star Trek heads like the MEGO Motion Picture figures or the Playmates figures. If this should be in another section I'll post there. Thank you.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by phil
    I didn't know if this should be posted in the MEGO Mall or Marketplace or here. I was wondering if anyone offers casts of shrunken Star Trek heads like the MEGO Motion Picture figures or the Playmates figures. If this should be in another section I'll post there. Thank you.
    At one time I think Austin had some of the STMP heads in 8" scale. As for Playmates, I think most people just buy the 9" and shrink them in Naptha or Acetone. Mego is going to cover some of the same ground as Playmates did, so I'm not in as much of a rush as I was to mess with the Playmates stuff.

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      At one time I think Austin had some of the STMP heads in 8" scale. As for Playmates, I think most people just buy the 9" and shrink them in Naptha or Acetone. Mego is going to cover some of the same ground as Playmates did, so I'm not in as much of a rush as I was to mess with the Playmates stuff.
      I'm not sure who Austin is. I got a STMP Spock head years ago from Dave McCormick. For various reasons shrinking the Playmates Heads is not something I can do. I'd like to have different heads for the characters so every kitbash doesn't look the same.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by phil
        I'm not sure who Austin is. I got a STMP Spock head years ago from Dave McCormick. For various reasons shrinking the Playmates Heads is not something I can do. I'd like to have different heads for the characters so every kitbash doesn't look the same.
        Well, Dave is out of he head business. Austin Hough is your best bet, whether you know who he is or not:-) He is this guy: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-in-Panavision

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
          Well, Dave is out of he head business. Austin Hough is your best bet, whether you know who he is or not:-) He is this guy: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-in-Panavision
          Thank you. Austin's name did eventually rang a bell and I'm sure I dealt with him years ago.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎