Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any News of New Mego POTA at Mego Meet 2019 ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Any News of New Mego POTA at Mego Meet 2019 ?

Was hoping we would hear some news of Mego Corp's plans for new 8 inch POTA at Mego Meet. Any discussion about that at the meet ? POTA is my most anticipated line from Mego Corp. if they can make it happen.
  • Mego Newbie14
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 25, 2018

There is a video on the Mego Corp Facebook page from the meet. The talks were going well until the Disney/Fox merger. So I think things are kind of up in the air. Going to rewatch it when I get home and hear things better.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Mego must have been close to a deal, because somebody on Mego Ambassador said they wanted to see POTA...and Doc replied "count on it!"
      sigpic

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

Thanks for the replies. Just watched the video. A lot of good info in there.

Comment

• VulcansFury
          Museum Patron
          • Mar 6, 2014

Just watched the video, Marty said something along the lines of they were very close to finalizing it. My hope is for everything to be on the new 20poa bandless bodies, and to go DEEP into the catalog (retro releases of everything from before including the TV show heroes, and expanding further with more characters like Taylor, Julius, etc, etc, etc)

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

It sounded like they had to pretty well start from scratch after the Mouse took over, but it also sounded like they were still very serious about getting the rights back. Marty also answered a question about whether they would be doing the old versions or more screen accurate figures, and he said, "Both." They pointed out that this, of course, would depend on licensor approval; the final word would belong to Mickey.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

They appear to have brought this 1:1 scale Soldier Ape prototype to show off at their panel.

ape.jpg

ape2.jpg
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 25, 2018

Originally posted by samurainoir
                They appear to have brought this 1:1 scale Soldier Ape prototype to show off at their panel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25687[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25688[/ATTACH]
                I think I need a second job so I could afford one lol.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

That would be a nice feather in the cap for new Mego to get the license for POTA, hopefully it gets done, and like with Trek
                  we get to see some of the old characters return along with new ones that weren't around the first time.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎