Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

Weren't there prototypes shown here of the Mattel retros of supergirl,robin, etc? I hope they get retweeked and part of the new line they were beauts.

Comment

• Figure8
      Museum Patron
      • May 18, 2016

I hope this really happens, I think FTC NEEDS this competition. Without it they obviously see no reason to adress serious problems like wobbling heads and ridiculously fragile bodies. The only New Mego figure I bought so far is the Flash and I'm really happy with it though I'm not into the 12" or 14" format. I would certainly buy a scaled down version of the Flash and the other DC heroes they've made. I'd also buy classic Mego repros if they get them right. The FTC versions all look like cheap knock-offs IMO. FTC has given us some really nice figures like Flash, Shazam or the new Robin, but I'd still like to see what New Mego can do, especially with the big guns where FTC's consistently dropped the ball so far.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        It very possibly be the 14 inch figures scaled down, I personally have no use for more repros of the 70s figures. I do think the casual DC Fan buyer would see the FTC stuff online and balk at the prices, then if a cheaper alternative is produced they would bite.
        I can assure you, they are not the 14” scaled down.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          Good!!
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            Whatever as long as its not another retread of the 70s Mego figures. Something with a more modern style would be great.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Apparently when I asked Joel if it was ok to discuss, he said " no pictures, but you can discuss in description".
              So here is a lift from the FB thread where we discussed:

"Here is what I saw and heard. The 8" figures will be sold exclusively at three yet to be named retailers at the current 8" figure $14.99 pricepoint. They come in a window box with art similar to the current 14" figures. The BATMAN was in a black and gray outfit with just the black bat on the chest. (Similar to the first wave 14" Golden Age BATMAN we have now) To me, the head sculpt reminded me of my Toy Biz BATMAN 8" figure from 1989. (You know, the one in the all black outfit) The head sculpt to me looked totally NEW, it was NOT a re-do of the 1970's BATMAN head or a scaled down 14" head either. Compared to the classic Mego 8" BATMAN head, it had longer ears and white eyes. No "oven mitt" gloves, outfit are done pretty much as the current 14" line... Colored hands with sewn on gauntlets make up the gloves, removable plastic boots and belt. What I believe I heard was the figures will be the NEW 20 point of articulation "Rubber band-less" bodies. What I saw was this BATMAN I just described, also a FLASH, WONDER WOMAN and a John Stewart GREEN LANTERN. Silver age FLASH. WONDER WOMAN had eagle logo across her chest... Similar to the first three waves of the Mego 14" line. But like I said, these were just the prototypes."
              ---edited to fix spelling errors
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

This has piqued my interest, but a lot is going to come down to which retail outlets will carry them. Accessibility and availability to purchase will be the deciding factor if I get these or not. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt for vintage stuff, but for new releases it is just annoying and frustrating, and becomes a disincentive to buy in for me, and since I am on a limited budget and have to make some hard choices about what to use my resources on, when someone gives me a reason not to buy something, I usually take it.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

Hopefully Target is one of the three retailers. I'll be there to grab them.if not first 2nd .but will get them

Comment

• fun guy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by tllgn
                    Hopefully Target is one of the three retailers. I'll be there to grab them.if not first 2nd .but will get them
                    This is the best news yet

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

I thought he had a Superman, too?

They boxes are slick, reminiscent of the 14" in colors but different layouts. Target fubar'd the stocking of the initial launch so badly I couldn't imagine what would happen here. Most likely a bunch of adhesive tabs slapped on the back to hang them on pegs.

It's an interesting mental game, because if it was Wal-Mart and Target you wouldn't need 4 outlets and they would effectively supplant Spinmasters before they hit the market. So I can't see it being retail giants.

My guess....TOTAL guess...Hot Topic, Gamestop, BAM, B&K. They have the same demo and enough coverage to equal Target.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

The character selection shown wasn't final but I hope they happen.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

I would love it if Target was in on this because I can order then online.

Hot Topic, Gamestop, BAM, B&K
                          I would have to travel to check the stores and websites, and they are not as easy to order from.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

I don't think hot topic ever carries figures but I admit I find most of my figures I want now at GameStop I don't know about Target, I like ordering their Megos online, but they sure don't seem invested in the line at retail, heck, I don't think they care about their toy section period anymore.
                            I

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

I would love to see a mix of classic and modern costumes. From all eras. Please give us a bunch of interesting, and oddball choices. Tons of Titans, Young Justice (comic and toon) and dare I hope for a Legion?
                              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• ODBJBG
                                Permanent Member
                                • May 15, 2009

Hot Topic does sell figures. Though they seem to go back and forth on it. Sometimes there are several including exclusives and then sometimes they don't carry any at all.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gamestop in the mix. I feel pretty certain Target will take this ride again.

I'll need to see the figures before commenting much, but this is definitely a big deal for Mego. Hope the Superman is good.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎