Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Did they mention how long until the figures are available? Will it be for this year, or next year?
    JediJaida

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

I remember Joel pointing out WW will be on the new hero female body, and they're trying to get them out by the holidays.

My guess is the true newer waves, (not the variants), will be the new designs.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

The change in body type in new Mego reminds me of the change of body type in old Mego. Very retro and love the concept. Definitely welcome the new bodies and looking forward to kit bashing them.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Ok, there's talk of WW on a bandless body? Did Mego get rights for 8" DC?
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• VulcansFury
            Museum Patron
            • Mar 6, 2014

OMG This news has me drooling with excitement! I wanted to transition my stuff to Type S's but the cost was an issue. I hope everything is bandless and 20poa going forward. I would have legitimately wiped out my Targets if they were these bodies just for customs. PLUS DC 8" in the mix? I'm over the moon here. Let's hope these are on the inevitable Bones and Scotty.

I might just be losing sleep over excitement for SDCC reveals next month....

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I'm going to start saving money for the holidays. At $14.99 a pop, the price isn't too bad. I will definitely be getting WW, and possibly Superman. I hope that they do Supergirl as well. If they do Secret Identities, I will be very happy.
              JediJaida

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Flash is my biggest want.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

It is really great to see Mego realizing its time for the rubberband body of 40 plus years ago to go out to pasture. Now if another company would realize this same thing.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

The bodies we saw looked great, and basically address every problem or quirk that has been brought up about the current bodies. Proportions were great but still very Mego in feel. THere really wasn't a whole lot of difference in the overall look of the male body, just a bit more definition. The overall physique presented is still much the same, looking a lot like a drawing by Neal Adams or Jim Aparo from the 70's (in other words, a well toned human body that isn't overdone). They showed a swivel at the elbow, so I am expecting to be able to put Superman in his classic hands-on-hips pose. The female body had the most changes, but still kept the feel; some similarities to the 14", but I'd say the closest thing I've seen is the original bodies for the old Cool Girl/Cy Girl 12" figures. There's significantly more definition and shape to them compared to the classic body. They have a collar bone, some definition in the abdomen, and also in the arms and legs. The thighs don't go down in a straight line from crotch to knee; there's subtle definition where there should be to make the leg look, well, like a human leg. And the figure is basically what one would expect from a 70's super-heroine; toned and well proportioned without being exaggerated. Think more Neal Adams or Dick Dillin than Image Comics or 90's bad girls art. THere was some noticeable gappage in the female torso at the diaphragm joint, but these are prototypes, and, honestly, the same sort of gap exists on the aforementioned Cygirls, as well as numerous other similar figures. I will miss the ball jointed neck of the originals, because a little tilt of the head can add a lot of personality to a pose, but they're still on par with the guys, so I can live with that.

I will admit I prefer the banded bodies that can be disassembled in 15 seconds flat, but I see the need to move forward with what can be done in the modern toy industry. I always said if you put a good costume on a type 2 Mego body, that's about as close as you can get to what a super-hero would look like in real life. I honestly think I'll still be able to say the same with these new bodies. These don't look like something they came up with overnight, either; I do wonder, as others have postulated, if at least some of what we see here was what our beloved Dr. Mego proposed to Mattel for their retro figures when he acted as a consultant on those. Something that looks this good had to have been percolating for some time.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

One thing I would like to see as far as the female bodies go is better footwear. When I purchased my Bewitched Samantha figure, the shoes were very weak and flimsy. I mean flimsy enough so that they could'nt support the weight of the doll in a standing position.

I chucked them and put her in a pair of Barbie stiletto heeled mini boots.

And could we possibly get blister packed outfits for both genders?
                      JediJaida

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Doc Mego has been talking about bandless bodies about as long as the Type S was announced, but it was for a project that I feel fell through. So I think you are correct scott metzger that these have been percolating for a while. I used to love the Cy Girls, so a comparison to those is exciting!

I wondered if the male bodies were built with screws like the Type S body, but with the new Mego neck plug, there is no reason for that type of assembly.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by JediJaida
                          And could we possibly get blister packed outfits for both genders?
                          Marty said there are no plans for that. Mego would rather produce, and retailers give shelf space for, razors than razor-blades.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Ah well. I had to at at least put the idea out there.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                              Museum Patron
                              • Sep 5, 2015

Originally posted by JediJaida
                              I'm going to start saving money for the holidays. At $14.99 a pop, the price isn't too bad. I will definitely be getting WW, and possibly Superman. I hope that they do Supergirl as well. If they do Secret Identities, I will be very happy.
                              Hoping for Supergirl of course...Wondy, Superman, maybe SHAZAM Family? Needless to say...Mego is back.

But I wonder if they will do anything with the CW DCTV shows?

Comment

• newlyknighted
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 21, 2010

Game changer! So thrilled about this. Now posing positions will be so much better for all of the Mego generations to come.
                                I post in thy general direction!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎